1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers-Kings Game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 4chuckie, Mar 27, 2000.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

This could turn out to be a great 1st round matchup in the playoffs. I'm sure the Lakers would love to see the Kings move up to the #7 seed.
    Shaq played a great game yesterday (34pts-8rbs-3blks) and definetely had 2 clutch plays (the 3 point play at the end - what horrible D by the Kings to live white chocolate on Shaq and the block to end the game brought back bad memories of the Rockets series last year). The guy is the stud of the league right now.
    I thought the Kings may have had 2 questionable calls against them. The first was the charge on Webber, I didn't think it was a charge but Webber put himself in the position by having 5 fouls in the 1st place. Then when White Choc. fouled Shaq I wasn't sure if it should have been a continuation or not- but I'll give Shaq credit for that.
    All in all the Lakers did win, but I'm sure they would love to not meet the Kings in round 1.

------------------

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I thought both of those calls were good, though I was protesting until I saw the replays. Rice made a good play by sneaking into position; Webber didn't even know he was there until he ran into him. The foul by Williams was just a bone-headed play. Even if he had gotten there on time, he is too small to wrap up Shaq. I know its hard to stand idly by while someone is going to make a game-tying (or winning) dunk, but that foul shot was the difference -- not that the Kings could have survived an OT without Webber. Overall, I was disappointed that the Lakers won and that Webber fouled out, since I have him on my fantasy team.

------------------