1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers get away with yet another call!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by R0ckets03, Jan 16, 2001.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

In an overtime game Lakers beat Vancouver. Shaq made the game winning shot. Only problem is that time had expired! Kobe's nasty ass says that refs make mistakes and everyone should just live with it. Well why is it that the refs only make mistakes that usually favor the freakin Fakers?!?!?!

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -----
    THE VIKINGS SUCK BIG TIME!

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

That was a terrible call. It was CLEARLY obvious that time had run out, the buzzer sounded, and Shaq still had the ball in his hands.

The refs said a foul occurred, but they didn't even blow the whistle until after the buzzer went off. Oh well......

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Speaking of late calls, they called a charging foul on Francis last night that was a good 5 seconds after the fact. They allowed him to drive in, draw contact and put up the ball. Only when the ball didn't go down did the ref pull the whistle out of his a$$ and blow it.

Pathetic! I seriously think Stern should consider Cuban's suggestion to have some kind of corrective action against the refs when they screw up a call.

------------------
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

That was a pathetic call by the refs.

Why doesn't the NBA instigate some form of instant replay like in football?

Honestly, the referees nowadays are getting really, really bad.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

On a side note KT fouled out of that game. [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

6. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Do you think Cuban will protest the non-call in the Laker game?

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Jack Haley said that Shaq was foulded with .1 seconds left, so the clock shoulda stopped.

------------------
    "We don't have any plans. We just plan to win." Mack Brown

8. Dickey_Simpkins

There is quite an uproar hear in Vancouver about that B.S. that happened last night against the Lakers. What wasn't emphasized as much is the fact that the clock had actually paused at 0.6 seconds for some unknown reason for about 3 one hundredths..what a load of crock. Violet Palmer made the call as the other 2 refs didn't know if it should count or not. To Violet..beware the next time you call a game in Vancouver..be cautious..there will be hell to pay.

------------------
    Go Grizz!

9. Dickey_Simpkins

Shoulda woulda coulda...the clock wasn't stopped and the refs made the call after time had expired. They guessed as to what happened and they were wrong..why can't the league admit that?

------------------
    Go Grizz!

10. Christopher

Christopher Member

I noticed the clok stop for a fraction of a second. Then seeing how late the shot was I couldnt believe that they won the game.

When will the team owner of small market teams stand up and say enough is enough. The NBA is hurting itself with BS calls that favour big market teams and promotion of only these teams.

They should take Cuban (Who's a deadset tosser) up on his offer to fix up the terrible calls in the NBA.

------------------
    Your Starting Power Forward for the Clutch City Allstars

My Expert Opinion Of Steve Francis:Mate he is a special player!

11. R0ckets03

Is that all Grizz fans look forward too? Booing and tossing tomatoes at others. I guess when your teams SUCKS, what else can u do rite. You cant look forward to a Grizz win (because God know when it will come), so you toss vegies and fruits at other human beings. Gee what FUN! I wonder why Francis didnt want to play in such a FUN place! [​IMG]

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -----

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think the contention is that there was 0.4 seconds on the clock when the foul came. But, watching the tape, it is clear the foul doesn't come until the buzzer. A very tough call for the refs to make since it was very close, but they should have erred on the side of no-call and let the players decide the game when it is that tough.

------------------
    RealGM
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary
    Gafford Art
    Artisan

13. COACH SAMPSON

COACH SAMPSON Member

It was not mistake the refs knew what they were doing. The NBA is fixed and corrupt like crooked cops at drug spots!

------------------

14. themugg

themugg Member

Well I did'nt watch the game, but after reading the game summary it said the officials made the right call (which is a surprise)!! But I have to say calls like that usually go to the Lakers! Damn I hate that team!

------------------
    TheMugg

15. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Actually sirhangover I think R03 was ticked off at dickey_simpkins because he started a thread in the Trades forum pounding Francis, and defending the fact they threw tomatoes and crap on the floor, and that is asking for trouble, whether you deserve it or not. Besides he started this thread ripping the Lakers! That being said, I think you have to pull your punch on other team's fans unless they ask for it!

------------------
    If Megatron can become Galvatron, why can't Rocks2001 become RocksMillenium?

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited January 19, 2001).]

16. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Damnit, somebody beat me to the Griz bashing....Mental note, read the ENTIRE thread before piling on....

[This message has been edited by A-Train (edited January 19, 2001).]

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I completly agree. Dickey_Simpkins has definetely shown that he has no problem with rudeness when he condoned throwing tomatoes at an NBA player simply because he decided to exercise freedom of choice and make an effort to shape his own destiny.

Dickey has it all coming and more.

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

18. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Man, I love a good hothouse tomato...cut in slices, a little salt....MMMM!

Dickey Greenleaf, if you are nice, we may let you stay! Stop ending the lives of innocent produce!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited January 19, 2001).]

19. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

dickey- please forgive rockets03...

the shot was late we all know that..stern and the lakers means more $..and rockets03 must be a bandwagoner for the lakers i am not sure..the inequality in calls is part of life in the nba and has been in relation to favorites..there are many television sets in LA...

thats what made me come to appreciate the rockets winning years all the more... you see the rockets not only had to defeat the knicks they also had the refs against them and david stern..

With bandwagoners you usually get this type of speech and lack of regard for being diplomatic..that echoes in their scatterbrained style and ability to change allegiances to teams and favorites related to championships..

I am pretty sure he is a baltimore ravens fan right about now and the kurt warner jersey is mysteriuosly missing..

real classy and I am sorry you had to be addressed that way...

it is clear though that he started the thread bashing the call so i dont know what team he is for..I am basically tired of rude behaviour here..

------------------

i am a friend of sarah connors i was told she was here can i see her please

[This message has been edited by sirhangover (edited January 19, 2001).]

20. R0ckets03

Thanks RocksMill. Me a Ravens fan?!?! Yeah rite buddy. I am a proud Cowboys and Rockets fan. And if my love for these teams dont show you that Im no sort of bandwagone I dont know what will. I am mad at Dickey cause he was bashing our boy Francis. Maybe if you werent so hungover MrHangover u would know. [​IMG]

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

-----