1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Laker Champs (et al) v. Rocket Champs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plato, Jun 20, 2000.

1. Plato

Plato Contributing Member

This may be off topic, but I think that it needs to be said:

I mean to take nothing from the Lakers championship. They are a truly fantastic team that deserves to be champions.

I just want to point out, after the game, when the powers that be interviewed Shaq, Jackson etc., I think it spoke volumes about the difference between the 94 & 95 Rockets, and this Laker team, and ultimately, many championship teams.

Shaq and Jackson and the owner in this aftergame interview period expressed how great the LA fans were and how they are a fantastic team with a bright future. All this granted (arguendo), compare to what the Rockets players and Rudy said after their wins. I can't remember exactly, but I distinctly remember, as any true Rockets fan must, Rudy in 95 stating "never underestimate the HEART of a champion." The Rockets stressed TEAM, HEART, and LOVE OF THE GAME. This is why I think after all these years, we can truly sit back and appreciate that we had, and in essence will always have, something SPECIAL.

I say SOMETHING SPECIAL because I simply cannot find any other words adequate enought to express my feelings here.

Whether or not the Rockets Championship teams could be counted as one of the greats of all time, there is one thing that escapes even the greatest and most dominant of NBA champs...

SOMETHING SPECIAL

Here's to the Rockets

------------------

[This message has been edited by Plato (edited June 20, 2000).]

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

nice post!!!

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

3. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Amen, brother!

We are truly blessed this day that we are Rocket fans.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Amen Brother Man

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB