1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of classic Houston Rockets games on NBA TV???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shakes05, Aug 8, 2011.

1. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

I noticed that NBA TV rarely shows any Houston Rockets games from our championship years and during the Yao Ming era. We had some awesome games in NBA history, such as:

The infamous game 1 vs. Orlando Magic 95 NBA Finals
    Game 6 vs. NY Knicks 94 NBA Finals
    Games 5-7 vs. Phoenix Suns 95 Western Conference Semi-Finals
    Game 1 vs. San Anontio Spurs 95 Western Conference Finals
    Regular Season Matchup: Lakers vs. Rockets - 1/17/03...Yao vs. Shaq
    Tracy and Yao first playoff game vs. Dallas Mavericks

The list is unlimited, but I feel that we need to protest and get more Hardwood Classics featuring our Houston Rockets...who really wants to see the Golden State Warriors or Portland Trailblazers with Arvydais Sabonis????

Who's with me?

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I agree. They had a game that was supposed to showcase Hakeem last week, but it was a game in which the Rockets lost (both the game and the playoff series) to the Sonics despite a monster performance from Dream. They easily could've found a game in which the Rockets won and Hakeem dominated.

3. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Exactly!!! Why couldn't the network showcase the game in which the Dream put David Robinson in the jukebox in 95 Western Finals and it was the same game in which David Robinson was given the MVP trophy!!! All I have to say is
    Shenanigans!

4. YaosDirtyStache

Umm because the games they are showing feature retired players who are no longer part of the NBAPA and showing current players would violate the NBAs policy of not showing the likeness of any current contracted player

5. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Charles Barkley, Shaq, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing are not part of the NBAPA...
    For some reason, they don't like to showcase our championship years!

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

They can also only show so many games...

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Shouldn't really be a surprise by now that our Rockets and Dream never get any due credit.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I've actually seen a few of these on either NBA or ESPN Classic

9. VBG

VBG Member

They had a week of Hakeem IIRC.

So this thread is just false.

10. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

They used to show Rocket games from 1995 endlessly on that channel from 2001-2008. Trust me.

11. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

I guess no one has realized that Professional Sports and National Sports Media don't like any Houston Sports Franchises. We never get credit for doing anything good, get called overrated or plain lucky when we do, we always get some of the hardest schedules, with most of the time the most back to back road games or road game stretches...I could go on for a long time on this.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

me to, and last night they showed a game from the 81 Finals and wrong forum

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Yeah, but they haven't shown any games recently of our Championship years...the media would love to put an asterisk by our 2 Championships because Jordan was retired during that time.

I can't recall the last time they showed the matchups of Olajuwon vs. Shaq or Olajuwon vs. David Robinson during his MVP season.

Does that not raise any red flags to you?