1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Buzz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, May 8, 2015.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes. I was pointing out that your "thought" is a well established fact nation-wide. Nothing comes close to matching the popularity of football in all major cities.

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I think it has more to do with the nature of the NBA playoffs vs. other sports. More than any other major American sport, the NBA champion ends up being one of the heavy favorites. In the other sports, anyone can legitimately believe that their team will get hot at the right time and win it all. I don't think most fans really believe the Rockets have a great shot at winning the title at this point, just the nature of the beast.

I'm a lifelong fan and won't get really excited about the Rockets' chances until the conference finals.

#62 SirCharlesFan, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

In my heart, I think this is the year where we really make some noise, but I can't bring myself to even watch complete games because of the fear that something bad is going to happen.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Ya think we got some buzz now?

All eyes on us!

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Yup, even Lance Zerlain doing Rocket Karen impersonations and talking all Rockets right now. Guess that's what it takes to get the topic off of the Texans.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Games being on ROOT has a major impact on lack of buzz. Back when they were on local TV like UPN or WB, they had far more access to Houston viewers

7. feihung316

feihung316 Member

i wish there is a lack of buzz, the tickets are being sold on flashseats for double the face value

8. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Can someone make a youtube mix with the comeback with epic music and stuff, mannn I remember someone made an awesome youtube video when rockets were playin LA few years ago in the playoffs.

9. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

My 67 year old mother, who 1 month ago referred to James Harden as "that guy with the awful beard" posted about the Rockets on Facebook last night at 1AM.

- Buzz Achievement Unlocked -

:cool:

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

ESPN- The Clippers collapse, not the Rockets comeback.

Sirius/XM NBA Radio - Clippers collapse, not the Rockets comeback.

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I gage the buzz by how much folks are flying their Rox gear on cars and so far I haven't see much. Calling if we win on Sunday the Rox Flags will start flying on cars...