1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving wants out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They're going to get Josh Jackson. Josh Jackson is going to end up sucking. LeBron is going to then leave. Ouch.

MorningZippo likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst: Pacers would've traded George to Cleveland for Irving. They offered that 10 different times. Cavs said no each time. Cavs tried a 3-way deal with Denver. On the 30th of June, the day he was traded, the Cavs & Nuggets, certainly the Cavs thought they had a deal. They were convinced that they were making plans to call George. The Pacers don't believe they ever did [have a deal]. They were arguing over a first round pick that was going to Indiana. They were arguing over protection...

Jackie MacMullan: I think there were other deals besides Cleveland that were better.

Windhorst: Pacers had 4 trades on the board: Cleveland, another with Philadelphia, another that I don't know what it was...

JM: Boston

BW: They called Boston before they did the deal & said make us your offer. Boston said we don't have an offer for you.

JM: They weren't going to give away the house for a player they couldn't guarantee would stay.

Vivi and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Best 3 way trade ...
    Cavs get two New york first round picks and ng contracts plus a Knicks reserve player
    Rockets get Melo
    Knicks get and Irving and Anderson

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. aroundtheblock2

I'm told...and don't quote me on this...but a little birdy has told me that Kyrie has NO FRICKING leverage as to where he goes. I hope they trade him to the place he dislikes the most. The media really loves to soil their pants when they have the ability to put "New York Knicks" and "LeBron James" into the same sentence. Make no mistake, the media wants Kyrie Irving in New York BAD. All that has to happen is Melo needs to stay pat and not waive his NTC. Let his stock plummet if that's what ends up being the perception...the more it plummets, the better chance the Rockets have of taking Melo off NYK's hands. The most ideal situation is that Melo is bought out by NYK, and I hope like hell that they eventually consider that if he won't waive his NTC for anyone but the Rockets.

Vivi and heypartner like this.
  6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I know this is just a 'wishful thinking' post from a Rockets perspective, but let's be real... the Cavs aren't giving him up without getting a starter + more in return. Picks + trash has no chance to get it done.

MorningZippo likes this.
  7. aroundtheblock2

Seems like Cleveland gets the shaft in that deal...that would be a clear indicator they aren't too focused on this season IMO.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Kyrie and Porzingas can be a good duo

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Eric Gordon + Capela + some other stuff for Kyrie?

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I bet those teams are talking right now to get somthing done ..those three teams are now linked for players wanting similar destinations. ..

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

PG- Chris Paul
    SG - Kyrie Irving
    SF - James Harden
    PF- Carmelo Anthony
    C - Nene

PJ Tucker
    Luc Mbah a Moute
    Troy Williams
    Joe Chee
    Bobby Brown

Let's roll :D

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Caesar likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well he certainly fits the "Team USA" profile & the "The more PGs [on the floor], the better" profile. ;):rolleyes:

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I remember when Minnesota had 3 point guards. I remember when Phoenix had 3 point guards. Lets do the same... Absolute stand up franchises to mimic.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, the correct starting 5 is:

PG: Chris Paul
    PG: James Harden
    PG: Kyrie Irving
    PG: Bobby Brown
    PG: Isaiah Taylor

BigMaloe, el gnomo and J.R. like this.
  16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Live look at D'Antoni reading CF and seeing your proposed lineup.

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, Caesar and Von Rafer like this.
  17. War Machine

War Machine Member

Good enough to lose in the first round the next 2 years.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...teams-including-cleveland-cavaliers-value-him

So far, these are among the teams who've made offers to the Cavaliers for Irving, league sources tell ESPN: The San Antonio Spurs, LA Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks and Miami Heat. There were approximately 20 teams that inquired with Cleveland upon the news of Irving's trade request, league sources said, but far fewer have registered legitimate proposals. More loom in the shadows, and many interested simply don't have the assets to make a deal happen.

The Cavaliers want a package that resembles the 2011 Denver Nuggets-New York Knicks deal for Carmelo Anthony -- young players, win-now veterans and draft picks, league sources said. For new general manager Koby Altman, this is a textbook way to open trade discussions. But for now, most Irving suitors are using the Minnesota Timberwolves-Chicago Bulls trade model for Jimmy Butler, a scaled-down model of Melo's rich return of assets.

The Cavaliers haven't ruled out bringing Irving to training camp. Nor have they ruled out starting the season and reaching the Dec. 15 date when free agents signed in the summer are eligible to be included in trades, league sources said. But most teams are dubious the Cavaliers will let themselves enter the chaotic circus atmosphere of Irving and James reporting to training camp together.

Among rival executives, there's empathy for Irving's trade request. They see shrewdness in the move to beat James out of Cleveland. Owner Dan Gilbert pushed out GM David Griffin. James refuses to commit to a Cavaliers future. Now, Irving wants control of his career, and a trade gives him a distinct path. He can try out a new team for two years and decide to re-sign for a five-year maximum contract -- or walk in free agency in 2019.

Truth be told, the Cavaliers trade talks have been buoyed with teams getting back better, if not perfect, reports on Irving's growth, league sources said. Among the consensus: Irving has a history of late nights and partying, but there's no trail of missed practices, bloodshot eyes or hungover shootarounds. Most intel has come back that he has curbed those tendencies into his mid-20s, picking his spots more wisely. As a teammate, Irving can be moody, but most agree he's ultimately invested. He hasn't always loved deferring to James on the Cavaliers, or Kevin Durant in USA Basketball. This is the Kobe Bryant inside of him, and that's part of the DNA that can be a blessing and a curse. Teams believe he's smart, savvy and, above all, they believe he's a winner.

"Go back through every team he's played on, talked to people involved -- or just study the results -- and it doesn't matter whether it was high school, college, USA development and national teams, and in the NBA -- and you see a pattern of him impacting winning," one Eastern Conference executive said. "There are questions about those first couple years before LeBron came back, but I think there were a lot of issues around there that were out of his control. That said, he didn't always help himself then either."

An old teammate of Irving's told one Western Conference GM: "He's an animal. Forget whatever you hear about him off the court, go get him."

An elite Eastern Conference point guard told another GM in pursuit of Irving: "I don't like him personally, but I hate playing against him. I'd trade a lot to get him."

Several suitors contend there are two teams with the best ability to make deals for Irving: the Suns and Boston Celtics. So far, the Suns are unwilling to include No. 4 overall pick Josh Jackson in a trade, league sources said. The Celtics are monitoring, but it's unclear how aggressive they'll get -- and how motivated the Cavaliers would be to make a deal with their fiercest conference rival.

The Miami Heat are willing to part with Goran Dragic and Justise Winslow as centerpieces for an Irving trade, league sources said. With the Cleveland-Miami history, there's little chance for a deal unless the Heat offered an overwhelming package.

Indiana had Irving on its board as the No. 1 target for George, league sources said. The Pacers had a willingness to do a deal straight-up, but Cleveland declined several times, league sources said. What did nearly come together was a three-way trade that would've sent Kevin Love to the Denver Nuggets, Gary Harris to Indiana and George to the Cavaliers.

Here's where the deal fell apart, league sources said: Indiana wanted no protections on a future Cavaliers first-round pick. Cleveland balked, insisting the pick have lottery protection -- and Indiana moved onto the Oklahoma City package of Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis.

After the Boston-Brooklyn trade for Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, unprotected picks are rarely, if ever, transferred in deals. Nevertheless, Cleveland turned down those deals before Irving's trade request, and now the landscape on a package for him becomes far more complicated.​

Vivi likes this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We'll see what happens. I suggested in another thread that he likely wouldn't go for what everyone assumes.