1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving traded for Isaiah Thomas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by alexcapone, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Asian Sensation

Losing Bradley hurt. Losing Crowder will really hurt. Ain't nobody guarding Lebron now not that anyone really could. The pick is super nice too. Nice job Cavs.

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I'm taking the Celtics in the east right now

Kyrie
    Hayward
    Tatum
    ?
    Horford

Bennie Anders likes this.
  3. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That Nets pick is crazy.. no protection too.. Plus Cavs are better with D. Rose coming off the bench and Crowder as a 3 and D guy.

smh.. too easy.

Bennie Anders likes this.
  5. Raz

Raz Member

I don't get why people still value that Brooklyn pick so high. They upgraded this summer and play to win, while three of last year's Eastern playoff teams are tanking hard (Bulls, Pacers, Hawks). With the Magic still struggling and the Knicks being the Knicks, the Nets might finish 10th in the East - or even better, for example if the Sixers get hurt once again. That's not a guaranteed top 4 or 5 pick anymore.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Usually the consensus is wrong right after a trade, unless it's a clear win, especially ESPN and them so I'm going to say the Celtics did better than most people think. You don't want to pay IT the max, Crowder was at a position they were stacked anyway and that pick remains to be seen. I'm also not sold on Kyrie as a much better player than IT, but with the hip and max contract hanging over their heads, it's a good bet.

Ainge does look silly, he could've had Paul George or even Butler with that pick!

malakas likes this.
  7. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

No they could not, liar.

8. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Both teams did very, very well. BOS as you say, and they got a legit superstar- KI has the best handle since Maravich, and he is a proven clutch performer (unlike James Frauden). CLE I mean, amazing, they actually "rebuilt" on the fly. Honestly the best NBA trade I can recall.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think it's a good trade for both teams. If Irving was gone no matter what, the Cavs got a very good haul for him. And the Celtics will still be one of the top 2 teams in the East this season and automatically become #1 the moment LeBron leaves Cleveland.

YOLO and Vivi like this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm so shocked by this. Did they really have to include the Nets pick? I wouldn't have thought the Cavs would have even managed a package of both IT and Crowder for a player who has demanded a trade.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ainge is stupid.

Confirmed.

fba34 likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder If Kyrie will undermine the Celtics in the middle of the playoffs like he did the Cavs?

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's true, but if they're high on Brown or Tatum (like it seems from the fact that they traded the 1st pick and that they didn't want to move him in this trade) and they knew Hayward was coming, they had no reason to get Butler or George who wants to go to the Lakers in 10 months anyway (OKC made the trade also cause they got rid of Oladipo contract so, they got better for this season, and if George bolts they'll have some flexibility).

#154 Vivi, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

LOL Skip Bayless says Kyrie is better than Harden and Westbrook

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kyrie is the most overrated "star" in the league.

He'll be exposed in Boston

fba34 and Snow Villiers like this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I just checked the Nets roster to see if my memory was deceiving me.

They have:

DAngelo
    Lin
    Hollis-Jefferson
    DeMare Carroll
    Booker
    Crabbe
    Kilpatrick
    LeVert
    Jarret Allen
    and some more scrubs...

I mean if I was a Nets fan, I'd have some optimism about the future because there are some young guys there that I want to see improve, because they've moved on from Brook Lopez, because there are a lot of backcourt/wing player with some level of potential and maybe one or two of them really improve....

... but I certainly wouldn't be expecting a good season W/L wise. That is NOT a roster that should win many games.

fba34 likes this.
  19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Anything to disparage LBJ.

The only thing Kyrie has on those guys is he is the better shooter of the 3. His defense is bad, he doesn't draw fouls like those guys, he doesn't rebound, and he is a terrible ball distributor.

I like the deal for the Cavs. I think they set up better against the Warriors then they did before.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oh, yeah, smarty pants? Why, just look at Cleveland's phenomenal record before LeBron returned to them. With Kyrie leading them, the cavs were.....uh....um.....(looks at Cavs record)....yeah, never mind.

Lots of flashy me-first-ism. He will sell some jerseys, I suppose. Maybe he has a better supporting cast now. But a lot of what made Boston very good last season has now been shipped elsewhere to make room for Hayward and Irving. I don't know if they've upgraded overall.