1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving traded for Isaiah Thomas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by alexcapone, Aug 22, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

Mo Williams & Big Z? These 2 were both all stars at one point in their respective careers. Lamar Odom has never once been to a all-star game. So yes, that Laker roster was worse than any roster Lebron, MJ, Magic, Bird, Hakeem or Shaq has played with.

Smush Parker
    Kobe
    Devon George
    Lamar Odom
    Kwame Brown

Is this who Kobe was supposed to lead to a championship in the west? Lol

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What year was this?

Rocket River

3. hakeemthagreat

05-06

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yes, Lamar Odom was better than both. But the question that you still haven't answered is why do you constantly leave him off when discussing those teams? The same goes for Caron Butler?

I don't think anyone said Kobe should have won a title with that roster. I recall folks saying he had enough talent to not go lotto, blow 3-1 series leads and escape round 1.

And the irony of someone with hakeem in their title saying that roster is worse than any roster Dream ever had.

5. hakeemthagreat

According to who? Youre just making up stuff Lol. Odom never made a all-star team. Thats fact. The imaginary talent Kobe had around him in this era doesn't exist. So when ppl say "he didn't get out the 1st round & missed the playoffs" they're just trollin or purposely ignoring how bad that roster was

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron had a 3 star team, how is that different from Celtics big 3 or even Lakers big 2 with a troop of almost stars?

Big 3 is nothing new im the NBA, I dont even know why you are bringimg up ray allen wtf his star days are over thats why he signed for the minimum. Did the wizards add another superstar when they added Paul Pierce?

As for everybody praising Lebron? He deserved it. Lebron led the league in minutes played in Miami while missing only a handful of games. He won by being the focal point of both the offense and defense scoring the toughest shots and guarding the opponent's best player. Just check out his stats, I know u are a hater but there is a reason he has 4 MVPs.

Compare that to Kevin Durant playing with 5 superstars (almost double Lebron) and missing almost half the season but still making the playoffs as the top seed? Gimme a break.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

What does the allstar have to do with anything? You mean to say Mo Williams and Big Z are superstars because they are all stars? Wtf are you smoking? You are so far in kobe's ass you think everyone he plays with are scrubs and everyone Lebron plays with are HOF legends.

The roster Kobe wasnt good enough to lead to a championship but its not lottery material esp with Bynum playing like a young shaq with skills. If they were that bad how come they went from 0.500 team to Finals by just adding Gasol?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Allstars are just popularity vote, the East was weak as **** there have always been 1 time allstars in the east who suck.

Jeremy Lin was an allstar and Yao Ming made the allstar when he was out the entire seasom due to injury. Are you saying Jeremy Lim and Yao Ming who didnt even play is better than Odom?

Just look at Odom's stats and compare them to Big Z and Mo Williams (WTF?!?!?!).

9. hakeemthagreat

Lebron had 2 superstars in their primes, and Ray Allen who was still an ELITE 3pt shooter. At that time Miami was by far the most talented team in the NBA. It's easy for us to praise Lebron when he doesn't have to work as hard playing next to Wade, Allen & Bosh, who's stats don't indicate how important they were in closing games Lebron couldn't. The reason guys like myself and Michael Jordan respect Kobe more is because he stayed with one team even through the rebuilding phase. I'm sure Kobe could've went elsehwere to chase a ring, but chose the most difficult path by staying loyal to the Laker organization. Had he went elsewhere & joined a superteam i'm sure he'd have 6-7 rings

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron led the league in minutes and put up historical stats how is that not working hard? Closing games is not as important as being an all around presence like Lebron or Jordan/Hakeem who is both closing games and dominating throughout the entire game.

Kobe is the one who ran Shaq out of town, they were in a contending phase he put them in a rebuilding phase so how can he leave right after? Also Kobe only stayed because they got Gasol for Kwame Brown, he made the video screaming at the Lakers FO for not trading Bynum for Jermaine O'neal and he threatened to leave the lakers for the clippers. How is that loyalty? You are living in delusion land want me to link you up? What is difficult in winning rings with Pau Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Ariza and Artest all in their primes?

Fact: Kobe shot 40% FG through an entire series and still won.

Hard? He just shot horribly but his team still carried him to a win. Kobe is the most pampered superstar in NBA history.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Making an all-star team is the rubric? Lol.

Why do you keep avoiding my question? Why do you keep conveniently leaving off Odom and Butler when discussing those teams?

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. CertifiedTroll

And the Earth is flat.

15. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

after all, it's a business, people make decisions...... sometimes, wrong decisions, but who knows, the trade might be good for both sides

16. MD_in_Training

Honestly, I'm not sure the Celtics would have been any worse with IT this year. The most indispensable players in green are Horford and Tatum. Not sure if Ainge is a drafting master or if he just got lucky with Tatum, because that kid looks like a future superstar.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bull ****, he had a mini fall out with Lebron first, I bet.