1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Wiltjer to sign with Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Jun 23, 2016.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Wiltjer, but you guys are vastly underrating Motiejunas, who actually has a proven NBA level post game, size and quickness. Apples and Oranges. If Wiltjer had Motiejunas level physicality he absolutely would have been drafted.

Crossing my fingers he develops his lower body to hold position in the post, something he wasn't able to do in Summer League.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

This. I know it's preseason and maybe he's near his ceiling but I like what I see so far. He's got a real smooth stroke and could be that instant offense off the bench. We aren't beating anyone this year with D so we'll have to kill them with O.

3. alethios

alethios Member

I hope we can find a place for him. Need his height and deadly shooting.

4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i'm not sure if i've seen this dude pass once in the first two games. this system wasn't made for carl herrera-ish black holes. hopeful that he'll improve though.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

obviously you've got this player confused with someone else

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Wiltjer peak is Matt Bonner & I'm fine with that.

He is nothing compared to a healthy D-Mo.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

No, he actually gets in position and gathers rebounds and makes cuts to the rim from time to time. Bad comparisons.. I have a feeling when Anderson gets injured this guys fills the void easily..

8. OmegaSupreme

confused how? carl herrera rarely ever passed once getting the ball? i said wiltjer hasn't passed the rock... that i can remember anyway. has he passed during the games? how am i wrong? :confused:

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

in reference to your Wilter claim that he doesn't pass. He isn't anywhere close to a player that resembles the ball sticking in his hands

10. OmegaSupreme

i assume we both watched each game. quick look at the boxscore, he had zero assists... which of course doesn't paint the whole picture and he had limited minutes. which brings me back to the question you still haven't answered... have you seen him pass yet?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's not that type of passer man haha. just because you don't rack up assist doesn't make you a non passer.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

At least he doesn't have DMos back yet :)

13. OmegaSupreme

didn't say he had to track up assists and i mentioned as much in my prior post, but ok.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

well you made it a point in your post so it apparently was significant enough to be brought up

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Looking like DMo is a no no. Back....oh the back. value has plummeted. That said, come on in DMo...before its too late.

16. OmegaSupreme

no. actually i downplayed its significance, but stopped shy of saying that it should be ignored. this is what i said:

"doesn't paint the whole picture."

and also, no i didn't hyperbolize with your racking up assists statement.

17. basketballholic

Seems to be a very good outlet passer. Gets the ball out quick. Which is very important for our offense.

Wiltjer is an NBA player. We should keep him over Harrell. IMO Harrell is on the bubble here. Barring a major trade bringing in a ton of players (not likely) Wiltjer would be in my remaining 15.

He can launch all day long, quickly and deadly, from 35 feet on in. Knows what he is. Is already doing an excellent job of finding the right space to shoot and moving into good rebounding position. Doesn't waste time. I can't see any way he's not on an NBA roster this season. I'd release Harrell and keep him if it came down to it.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The name of the game is pure shooters. Wiltjer, Anderson, ........ The Rockets need guys that can shoot and score in a hurry. This is the best group of shooters I've ever seen the Rockets ever have. This championship capability in the new NBA.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He certainly isn't afraid to chuck up shots, in a small sample size.

But he's also playing with the garbage unit and trying to build credibility. I have to think he'll defer and play significantly differently in an actual game situation.

I also think he could be what we hoped Steve Novak could have been.

20. OmegaSupreme

will keep a look out for the bolded part. agree with everything else you said about shooting, rebounding, and possibly replacing harrell.