1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, May 8, 2017.

?

Kyle Lowry to Houston?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I've always been a HUUUUUGE fan of Kyle Lowry. Was sad to see him and Dragic go.

How about we sign him back during the summer? He'd be amazing on our team, especially with his lethal 3 point shot now.

We'd obviously have to create cap-space for him but we can always move Ryan Anderson's contract.

lw17 likes this.
  2. jayfree

jayfree Member

Sounds about right. I hear the Rockets are thinking of switching Harden to Center next season to take advantage of his rebounding skills more.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I love Kyle Lowry and miss him as a Rocket. But he isn't what we need on this team.

We need someone that can help on the wing (with Ariza getting up there in age) that can shoot the 3, play make and play defense.

Thats why so many want PG13 here.

34to11, bilaal14, roslolian and 4 others like this.
  4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Sign Lowry, trade P-Bev while his value is sky-high for a stud like PG.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And do what with Harden?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

He'll be exactly in the same role he is now. He often defers to Lou Williams and Patrick Beverley on possessions anyway.

7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

We need Bigs/Wings.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

We can trade Patrick Beverley for one.

9. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

We have the best guy playing PG in the entire league. You can forget about any PGs on the market at any price. We probably won't add ANY guards at all with Harden/Bev/Ego/Lou all under contract for next year. The only way one of them could even potentially be dealt if for a bonafide ALLSTAR like PG13. Other than that, it ain't happening.

dawesome and riko like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but "stud like" PG's like you want aren't looking to defer or be deferred to occasionally -- they usually want to be the man. D'Antoni wants the decision-making in Harden's hands from what I can see. The only time gives up much of that duty is when he needs a breather. And, I for one, don't want to lose Bev.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

PG - Paul Geroge

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

same guy that has choked in the playoffs every single year and about to get a max contract. no thanks. time has passed for KL

dawesome, Stormy1234 and riko like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ah, my mistake. I've been reading your response as "point guard". lol. Carry on ... :)

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Yeah its okay :) I should have made it clearer. I was going to edit it but then you had already replied so...

Anyway yeah to be honest I'm a little biased towards Kyle Lowry but I do think signing Lowry and trading Beverley for a star would be a great move because it's a longshot we'd be able to sign any of Hayward or George in FA.

15. alethios

alethios Member

/Thread

SMDH

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can't believe i'm saying this but...

Lou at 7x > Lowry at 25/30x
    Llull at 8x4 would be even better btw :p

With that difference you can bring in another very good player like...let's say Gallo, maybe even Millsap...

riko likes this.
  17. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I really really like Kyle Lowrys game and was very disappointed to see him go. I have a hard time seeing him gel with Harden or sacrifice in this system. I could be wrong though.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

PBev is the best non-superstar bargain in the NBA, you get a beast of a player for only 5M.

Why would you trade him? He won't get you a star in return and then you lose out on the salary. If you trade Bev to sign Lowry it wouldn't work under cap rules because Beverly only makes 5M, Lowry would be looking to make the max of 25M or as close to that as possible. So you will need to dump contracts to clear capspace, meaning instead of getting C/PF/SF upgrade we will actually be downgrading from those spots.

This whole thread is dumb, Rox already have Harden, Gordon, Pbev and Lou Williams as pgs. You want use all our resources to add Lowry when you could be spending that to upgrade Ariza, Anderson or Capela's spot? Wtf

Vivi likes this.
  19. jayfree

jayfree Member

Have we NOT learned the value that the Wolverine gives us each game.

#19 jayfree, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Can we merge all the Lowry threads? Lol there's 3 open right now.