1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NL Rocket, Oct 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SK34

SK34 Member

Lowry is a proven player. How are we overrating what he is doing? We are not. Lowry is a great defender and a distributor. He has shown that he can score the basket with the best of them. Lowry has improved every year he has been in the NBA.

Jeremy Lin played 18 games and recieved a huge contract for those 18 games, which should never have happened. First, Stop over hyping Lin. He isn't great, he isn't an all-star potential (Only china will vote him in, even if he plays like crap). He is a great role player and not elite. Don't tell me Lin is better than Dragic and Lowry. You will look stupid. There are at least 20+ teams whose starting point guard is better than Lin

2. VanityHalfBlack

Who are you addressing this to????? LOF????

3. SK34

SK34 Member

I'm just stating facts. I saw someone saying we are overrating Lowry. But Lowry is proven. How is that overrating someone? Everyone was so high on Lowry last year and all of a sudden he is being overrated?

I want Lin to do great, no doubt, but he hasn't even played that many games for people to claim him to be better than somebody else. Its supposed to be about the Rockets and how the team does.

4. SK34

SK34 Member

I will only accept Lin to be better than Lowry and Dragic when He has played enough games and is consistent enough to help the team win. I can't just solely base it off of him playing only about half a season amount of games or less in the NBA and then people claiming him to be all mighty and great.

5. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

So what's the point of crying over what Lowry is doing?

6. VanityHalfBlack

Word up....

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lowry is a beast.

But who cares if he is better than Lin? If we didn't trade him we wouldn't have gotten Harden. It was a win for both teams.

Oh, and Lin may be better at 24 than Lowry was at 24.

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

how long was Lowry "great" for? Longer than Lin...but only half a season of starting and being great. Did he make your magic cutoff amount of playing time necessary to show consistency? Did he make the cutoff by 2 games and did Lin miss it by 5?

How about Dragic? Did his crazy 2nd half with Phoenix count for anything? It was just 1 time I guess. Did his half a season starting with Houston count for everything? He probably made your cutoff by the 1 game needed.

Arbitrary bull****.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lowry was top 10 in fantasy before his illness.

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I have Lowry on two of my fantasy teams right now. I got him deep in the lottery, too, while no-nothings were taking point guards like "Jeff Teague" and "Jameer Nelson" instead. lol

Anyway, the Raptors faithful seem to really love Kyle, but their greatest fear seems to be that Colangelo / Casey tandem is so bad at putting together and then running a team that Lowry will get chased off by all the losing when his contract expires, and look for a bigger payday in free agency with a different team.

It's quite possible.

No, I'd say it's even probable.

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

Lowry but no Harden. or Harden but no Lowry.

Harden>>Lowry. Sorry but I take Harden any day.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lowry will get a offered big fat contract after this one expires

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Also, Kyle Lowry is a better basketball talent than Jeremy Lin. Was that being disputed? It shouldn't be. He's better. This is factual. BUT at the same time, it's unwise to get caught up in that comparison, because one plays for the Rockets whereas the other used to.

I follow Kyle to this day because I want him to be liked and to do well with his new team. And I'm happy for him, because that seems to be the recent trend. But I don't look at him drop 28 / 8 / 8 with 3 steals and a block and still "wish he were a Rocket" or anything.

What good does that do?

14. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Obviously, but the issue Raptors fans are having is that they're pretty sure that contract will be with a different team, even if they're able to pony up big cash themselves.

Losing and losing and losing like that gets old fast.

Shame, because that Raptors fan base is really dedicated and knowledgable. They deserve to be able to retain players like Lowry instead of rent them.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Straight up I'd rather have Harden than Lowry....we don't have Harden without Lowry in the Raptors pick trade. We don't have Harden without the Raptors pick.

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Trading Lowry lead to us getting Harden. Now if you were to start telling me have gotten Harden even without that Toronto lottery pick, then I'd have definitely preferred Lowry over Lin simply due to the factor that the former is a much better player.

But who knows if Presti would have accepted a different package to that the one we provided with the Toronto pick in it?

When comparing Lowry vs. Lin, I think it is very important to consider the fact that having Lin"

A:) Helps us tank

B:) Helps Harden to have more touches and more freedom.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>When asked what it was like to coach Kyle Lowry, Adelman deadpanned, "He's a pain...and I'm afraid he's going to be a pain tonight."</p>&mdash; Jerry Zgoda(@JerryZgoda) <a href="https://twitter.com/JerryZgoda/status/265221613102981121" data-datetime="2012-11-04T22:38:54+00:00">November 4, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

rofl. hilarious

19. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Toronto is 0-2

great stats... but your team has to win if u pg

Lin lead knicks to 78 straight wins in first starts as basically a rookie

20. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

By this metric, Derek Fisher and John Paxson are the two best point guards of all time.