1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Kyle Lowry: Things were a lot stricter with McHale than with Rick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 23, 2014.

1. jedicro

jedicro Member

They're a good team and I couldn't definitely see them getting to the 2nd round or even the ECF if they get the right matchup. Regardless I was happy that he stayed in Toronto. That was the city that he matured in and it became home to him. I'm happy for him.

2. jedicro

jedicro Member

Logical fallacy:

A guy says something negative about McHale, who I generally don't like, therefore it must be true.

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

Backed up by a Beverley-Lowry backcourt :eek:

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Rick has never came across as a strict coach

He seems like the kinda coach that makes you drill his princeton offense in practice and he will play you if you can run his plays properly. I don't remember him being very vocal in games where he kind of just sits there and lets the players play.

I remember people were really critical of his in game play calling skills especially in crunch time because he seems to come up with none.

I don't think either coach have the ability to really teach discipline on defense. The reason the 2009 team was so good on defense was because Yao, Artest, Battier were veterans that didn't need any teaching on defense. Adelman let Budinger, Brooks and Martin do whatever the hell they want on defense as long as they ran his offensive plays properly.

I have no doubt Harden would be just as bad on defense under Adelman, but Adelman would've had problems with Harden iso'ing and not running his plays.

1 person likes this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dafuq?

6. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Right, but it sounded like Rockets didn't even give him a straight up "right now" deal. More like, hey we want you, and once we settle it with A, we'll work it out to get you in as B. I'm sorry, but that's off-putting and this is their future they are talking about. To be left hanging and then tag along?

Or pull a Josh McRoberts, join the Heat expecting LBJ and great things and winning...to instead get Luol Deng haha.

7. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Also, logical fallacy:

Many posters in this thread don't actually seem to know what a logical fallacy actually is...

8. 34to11

34to11 Member

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

9. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Bowen's idea of defense was sliding under jump-shooters and kicking people in the face. I'm more than fine with Harden not playing like Bowen on D.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree with your opinion about Bowen being a dirty player. That does not mean that he knows nothing about playing good team defense.

I actually don't know if he is right about Harden and McHale. But people dismiss him just because he's a douche on the court makes no logical sense.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I also dismiss him because he's a dumba$$ on TV. I have zero respect for him and zero respect for his opinion

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You can doubt McHale and also like McHale. So can I.

If you say something, and I say "I don't think you're very intelligent," you don't get what that means, huh? Well I'm saying it.

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Every time I think of Lowry, I think of how perfect he is for this team.

-Top tier PG (fills our void at starting PG)
    -Defender (compliments Harden)
    -Shoots 3s (compliments Dwight)

Sighs....

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

heypartner seems to be saying that heypartner definitely has a little racism in him.

Not sure how these words equate to somebody's ethnic background. You made a leap there and that leap points fingers at you, not Sampson.

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I believe he was being sarcastic and making a joke, buddy.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

don grahamleone seems to be saying that don grahamleone has a lot of douche in him.

17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

don't get the joke, anyone care to explain?

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The point is quite simple.

Someone you don't like can say something correct. Someone you think is not very intelligent can say something correct. Do not dismiss a statement because of WHO said it but try to prove the STATEMENT itself wrong.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Toronto can upgrade even further behind Lowry this team could be a perennial second round postseason team

IN THE WEAKER EAST behind Cleveland, Chicago, Indy and possibly Miami