1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry is only effective...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Dec 25, 2010.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Something people should take in too account is that most of lowry's threes are wide open compared to Brooks whose threes always seem to be at a higher degree of difficulty. Brooks is a better shooter period but Lowry is a better point guard for our starting lineup. Brooks is an undersized two guard who has handles.

2. highstep

highstep Member

Kyle Lowry is a boss. Should keep his starting spot no matter what. Brooks may drop 20 ppg but he gets as good as he gives. The Lowry/Scola pick and roll is solid. I don't want to see Brooks dribble it off his foot in late game situations.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The reason Brooks' are at a higher degree of difficulty is the opponent tries to force him to the rim, where he is not very effective, and he keeps forcing the J off his dipsy doodle dribble. Brooks is a great shooter, but a not-so-great decision maker, and a less than average finisher at the rim.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Kyle is 24, T-Will is 23.

Who has more potential?

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Let's not act as if Kyle has been doing this the whole season. He was out of shape in the beginning and ill prepared to handle the starters role after AB was injured 5 games into the season.

Kyle's weakest part of his game (his jumper) has improved tremendously and that is due to overtime work put in. I definitely enjoy his defense, rebounding, and decision making at the point.

If he continues shooting at this clip then we may be able to trade AB, Jeffries, and Draft Picks for AI in Philly.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

I would aim higher than AI.

AI is not that great, people.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Iguodala is pretty good. It would be nice to have another defender that could score occasionally. I would not like to give up draft picks to get him though.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

My god, can this topic just die already.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

My god, read the ****ing topic first.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Read the topic, posted accordingly on the first page.

Page two, the topic changed.

I posted again begging for new topic to die.

Maybe you should read the thread?

11. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

I claim this as false

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Fine.

People, read the ****ing topic first.

13. mazinger

mazinger Member

So , just because Brooks can score more points that Lowry, that makes him better? Lowry is better in every other remaining category and he's still worse than brooks? So by your logic, Brooks is better than Rondo. Yeah, that's what I thought.

14. BradMiller

BradMiller Member

nty dude this is bogus

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

aaron shoots 39.5 and shoots more of them

i have no problem with him starting, that's not what i was saying. i am saying he can not shoot and anyone saying that he should be our starter now that he can hit threes, i'm saying that point is irrelevant because yao is no longer in so we don't necessarily NEED that three point threat.

like i said, he has been hitting them as of late, but he is a career like 28 percent 3pt shooter. it just annoys me that he takes threes when we have like 7 seconds left to find a better shot, sometimes even more time than that!

with the way things are going i am all for him starting, my point has always been that we need a known three point shooter, so people can't sag off and double/tripple yao, that point is now mute. so play him, but don't call him a good shooter and don't let him take unnecessary three pointers just because, through 25 games, he is shooting 10 percent higher than his career average.

16. skamal4484

skamal4484 Contributing Member

We aren't playing with TWO (Shane/Ariza) non-offense creating wings anymore, so we don't need a natural scorer PG.

We aren't playing with a Center (Yao) that we run the offense through anymore, where a point guard doesn't really need to be a playmaker (like Tony Parker and the Spurs)

Our starting shooting guard is a natural scorer who is notoriously bad on defense.

I love both Brooks and Lowry, but if Lowry keeps the defense honest with his shooting coupled with his energy/playmaking/defense/leadership, sorry to say he should start, period. Its a small sample size so we'll see.

We should probably showcase Brooks a little so atleast his trade value doesn't plummet though.

SHK

17. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

facts? he is like a 28 percent career 3pt shooter.

and to respond to another poster: i, like you said, have no problem with him taking open threes, but when there are better shots and plenty of time to find a better shooter, someone who has proven throughout their career that they can hit the three, i would prefer them to take the shot.

ok dave worst post of the day lol
    i still don't think like when he takes threes. rafer would catch fire for parts of the season and everytime he shot a three id scream NOOOOOO, didn't change just because he happened to be hitting them during that stretch.

i think he has improved his shot or confidence, but i don't think he will end the season close to 39%

18. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I can't tell whether you're serious or being sarcastic. Are you actually trying to tell us that AB takes good shots when he brings the ball up and jacks it up?

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

im saying brooks is a better SHOOTER than lowry, decision maker? i didn't think his decisions were bad until the last few games. but as i said in another thread, i am waiting a few weeks to see if it is just because he has been out so long that he needs time to regain his quickness, because when he was bursting and weaving through people last year he was making pretty good decisions. he is still young and still very small.

to answer your question: i was being serious, but remember i am just commenting on their shooting. do you think lowry is a better shooter than aaron?

20. trugoy

trugoy Member

Kyle Lowry is going to be Mookie Blaylock. He will prolly get into the all-star game in a weak year, be recognised by the people in the know as a top 5 PG a few years, but largely be unheralded by the majority of the public.