1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Kuzma's delusions of grandeur

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Hell no, I would rather have Ingram or ball actually

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I think both guys traded will be better.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sure, he can fill that Kevin Love/Chris Bosh role.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. MD_in_Training

Kuzma is already 24 and doesn’t show flashes of ability to do anything other than score the ball. Nonexistent playmaking, poor defense, below average rebounder for height...

He’s basically a forward version of Lou Williams. He’s legit sixth man, but thinking he’s a star is delusional.

lionaire likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What is he supposed to say "I am just a scrub."

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Patience and Elephant810 like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I don't understand the thread title. This is just mild confidence for your average NBA talent. His statements aren't that crazy at all.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

First, this probably underrates Lou, as notwithstanding the fact that their ppg averages are "close", Lou's ability to score is a different level from Kuzma's, since Lou can do it creating on his own much much much more than Kuzma.

However, Kuzma can score, and in a down shooting year, scored.

Second, nobody is going to confuse him for a great rebounder... but his 7.7 boards per 100 possessions isn't that much less than the 8.4 PJ Tucker gave us last year, or the 7.8, 6.3, 7.9 and 6.4 Trevor Ariza gave us in his 4 years.

His defense definitely needs work.

But that said, if he was the Rockets starting SF I think we'd all be ECSTATIC. 3rd "star" or not, it'd be a huge add. I think there's a tendency to want to go small throughout the NBA so you start seeing lineups where you have 6'9 SFs and say they're tall enough to be a PF. And indeed, Kuzma basically split his time between SF and PF last year. I'm not sold. I think he's more of a pure SF, could even give you some SG minutes if you have a "big" lineup. But that said, he played a majority PF his rookie year, and I do understand the small-ball concept. I guess that's another part of his value... he can slide SG (in a crunch) to PF.

I don't think he's a star, or 3rd star. Indeed, Cousins post all star game line of 17.6 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.7 bpg on 50% shooting speaks more to a 3rd star potential... IF he can stay healthy.

But on the whole the best case scenario for Lebron, AD, Cousins, Kuzma is exactly why they are near favorites to win it all.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Am I wrong or did Davis have one year left on his contract? So he could have waited one more year then come to the Lakers?

Seems like that would have been much better than giving all of that away.

10. JayZ750

He had a year, but how many years does Lebron have - not contractually, just as an all-time great. I can say many (eg. 3 or 4) or I can say few given an injury finally popped up last year. You got to go for it.

The Lakers big blunder was waiting on Kawhi. MAYBE he legit would have signed there had the Clippers not got that true second star, I just find it hard to believe the Lakers were anything other than 3rd place the whole time. Kawhi did not/does not want to play 2nd fiddle to a Lebron. I'm not sure there was anyone other star that would have signed there, but you never know. Maybe Butler? Even without a star, they could have filled out the roster better if they just never pursued Kawhi.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well that was two years of losing with Ingram and Ball. And the other picks they gave up. If they don't win In the next two years they will probably have to start over again. By that time injury prone Davis could be past his prime also.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lou Will is a borderline star in this league, that is not a crazy thing to say.

One dimensional stars are still almost stars.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. JayZ750

Maybe.

But there was absolutely no way you could waste another year of Lebron. And waiting another year for AD would be exactly that. Beyond just it being another year for both guys, it would be insanely bad in the press and organizationally. Pepinos would lose his job, etc.

14. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Clippers’ Montrezl Harrell calls it a ‘f**king joke’ that he’s rated behind Lakers’ Kyle Kuzma in NBA 2K20
    [​IMG]

• Los Angeles Clippers forward Montrezl Harrell isn’t buying the fact that he’s rated lower than Los Angeles Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma in NBA 2K20.

Harrell and Kuzma were both great last season, but the former can actually make a case that he should have had a higher rating than the latter.

• Looking at their stats from last season, there is no denying that Harrell had the edge. Although Kuzma averaged more points, Harrell averaged more rebounds, steals and blocks while having the better field goal percentage. He also played more games in just the regular season alone, and he had fewer turnovers.

Harrell had better overall numbers than Kuzma, all while playing fewer minutes per game. He was also a Sixth Man of the Year candidate.

As what most fans already know, NBA2K ratings aren’t just about a performance. The game creators also rate things like quickness, speed, strength, vertical, potential, offensive and defensive awareness, hustle and a lot more. However, just by looking at those intangibles, Harrell still has the advantage.

This may look petty for some, but Harrell will now have an extra motivation next season. He will undoubtedly go on the court on a nightly basis with a chip on his shoulders.

Who knows? This might just add more fuel to the fire that will light up the rivalry between the Clippers and the Lakers next season.

https://clutchpoints.com/clippers-n...e-is-rated-behind-lakers-kyle-kuzma-nba-2k20/

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Kuzma had two dunk on two people in the USA scrimmage. Few through the lane like lebron!

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The mask is as frightening as this.

[​IMG]

17. TimDuncanDonaut

It's a sad day when Kuzma got a ring before Harden.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

roslolian likes this.
  19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Do you think Kuz is worth it?