1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis being investigated for rape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BALLhog 247 365, Mar 30, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Money involved will for sure change those figures radically. If or If not money is involved is a massive variable.

I guess that makes me ignorant, so be it.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So, let's recap, because a lot of people seem to have some issue understand false rape reporting.

Most experts on the matter say that between 40-60% of rapes go unreported as is. Of the ones that are reported, 2-8% are in fact false. On college campuses in America, 1 out of 4 women says she has been a victim of rape/sexual assault and in most cases hasn't reported it. Rape and sexual assault are far more commonplace in our society than we want to believe. Let that sink in. I dated like 8 different girls in college, and that means 2 of them possibly could have been raped or assaulted. That doesn't seem real to me, but the numbers don't lie.

And yet, what you have me believe, in the case of celebrities and athletes the trend flips because of money. This behavior that is prevalent in our society is suddenly weeded out of these men. These are mostly good men being taken advantage of by women who have dollar signs in their eyes. Essentially, these poor defenseless men are being sought out.

Again, what's more likely, a trait of our society as a whole has is also found in the subgroup of rich men? Or that somehow these men have a "cure" for that itch and are being cast as unnecessary villains? Actually, don't answer that question, you might make yourself look even more ignorant.

malakas, arno_ed and Nook like this.
  3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The trend doesn’t flip assuredly, but the numbers certainly change when significant amounts of money are involved.

Nice, just bust in and call everyone ignorant, virtue signaling from the mountain tops. Really fun interactions with you today. Maybe go hug your kids and your wife? Drink a beer and chill out internet warrior.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Again, you want me to believe that a group of men who have enough money to make these things go away, are rarely told no because of their money and fame, are less likely to be perpetrators of this type of crime than the average person. OK...

It's not about being a warrior, part of recognizing the ignorant is also recognizing that they are in that situation willingly.

malakas, Nook, Little Bit and 2 others like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You get off your low Mavs pony.

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  6. Lovemachine2000

Right, so smart of you to dodge the subject and take an irrelevant cheap shot.

Bearded13 likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Not at all. I want you to recognize that Females will be far less likely to game the system with homeless bums or even your average Joe, which could significantly alter the numbers you propose.

If you are a rich man, If you are an athlete, If you are famous, you are a target, period. Seems like you haven’t been out much. Go hit the clubs Bruh. :D

(This lone fact could dramatically alter the case you are making)

Jeez that last sentence is so virtuous it is blinding. Yikes.

Bearded13 likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

What about the groups of women? My bad, Men are evil, /thread. :rolleyes:

What about the difference between your average Joe and famous millionaires? Do you REALLY not think there is a difference? Have you not run into a gaggle of crazy b****es talking about extorting their Men? It happens. all. the. time. And certainly it happens far more to wealthy, famous Men.

You Sir do not live in reality! :D

Bearded13 likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This happens all the time to athletes.
    Since we are talking in a mainly Houston forum, what about what happened to Arian Foster?
    He's name got smeared because some chick he screwed got pregnant just for his money.
    Now she's rich with the child support. And she even admitted she was lying.

https://www.tmz.com/2014/01/20/arian-foster-audio-phone-call-brittany-norwood-abortion-lawsuit/

ARIAN FOSTER'S BABY MAMA BOMBSHELL AUDIO'Arian Never Harassed Me About Abortion

Arian Foster is "NOT A MONSTER" and NEVER harassed his baby mama to get an abortion ... so says the baby mama herself and TMZ Sports has an audio recording of her confession.

We broke the story ... Brittany Norwood -- who's 18 weeks pregnant -- sued the Houston Texans running back claiming he tried to strong-arm her into aborting their unborn child.

Exiled, Bearded13 and RudyTBag like this.
  10. foh

foh Member

Famous people are usually told not to do DUIs and not to get hoodwinked by rape-alleging groupies by organizations like NBPA and other various advisors they have. Or have their posse/entourage take one for the team. Do you think that might effect statistics in the opposite direction of what you are arguing here?

Can you, at least, provide a real life example of someone being charged with false allegations of sexual assault? Should probably be easy to find if it's true what you say about famous men being hunted upon so much.

malakas and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I didnt dodge the subject.

Mavs suck.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Are people missing the part where he punches her several times to the point she gets reconstructive work?

She gonna get some kind of settlement. Just not whatever she deluded herself into thinking by not reporting everything when it happened.

malakas, B-Bob and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The defense could argue that someone else assaulted her. Without timely police documentation, it can be hard to verify that Porzingis caused the injuries. Photos the day after the assault would help and so would a witness like a friend, but there's still doubt. She claims she didn't want to get Porzingis in trouble since she's a Knicks fan, and that could explain why she didn't report it immediately. But then her behavior of trying to continue the relationship along with the suspect contract is unusual and gives her claims less weight.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah Its not that's all folks for porky on the criminal side, but if he were smart, he would settle it Kobe style for trying to do it in her pooper.

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

Even if it did happen, I don't see how the allegations can be proven true in court. Like, he could've bleached his whole apartment by now...

Out-of-court settlement will easily resolve this but I guess Porzingis is worried about his name being tainted so he gotta cover his ass.

I don't think she's going to win the case.

So... If she really did get raped, she's getting screwed over twice, the second time with the gov't and the judicial system.

If not, great.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

So this happened again...nothing but crickets. Windhorst at least discussed it a little bit. Everyone else just acted like this never happened. Funny.

malakas likes this.
  17. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Mavs fans are triggered. :eek:

Zboy likes this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes, pathetic bunch indeed.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  19. 92i

92i Member

Innocent until proven guilty.

Bearded13 likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

He punched her? Right another disgusting player.
    Time to become a Porzingis hater.
    The courts will likely do nothing, fans will forget but I will not- just like I still haven't with the other disgusting trash Kobe and Rose.
    My personal responsibillity as an nba fan.

Ronkol and Zboy like this.