1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis available

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I feel like we give a lot of credit to players who don't deserve it. The sun did terrible this year and all I hear about is how Devon booker to dropped 70. so what?

harden carried a team of omer asik, parsons, jeremy lin, and patrick patterson to the playoffs in a much tougher western conference. he was 22. booker has bledsoe, chriss, chandler, ulis, knight, warren, len and dudley. no excuses. he is not playing with black holes like melo and rose.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ryan Anderson career per36 rebound numbers = 7.4
    Kristaps Porzingis career per36 rebound numbers = 8.6

Yeah, his negative assist/turnover is super impressive. 1.4/1.7

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You and the Suns' radio man are in the vast minority on this one.

Hell, the source could actually be Booker's agent or the Suns themselves lying and feeding their homer radioman the news, just to prop up Bookers value.

The Suns had no offense. It was all designed to let Booker shoot and prop up his stats. Just turrible

It's a sucker's play to look at his 22ppg in that horrible offense, just like it was for Tyreke Evans.

seeingred, Vivi and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Quit making excuses for Kristaps. Devin Booker has been in a situation that is just as awful, and he is a full year younger. He is also getting to the line which is the primary tell of a future superstar. Kristaps DOES NOT get to the line like he should.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If I'm Boston I offer #3, smart and jaylen and if that doesn't work add one of this mid to late 1sts they have so many. Maybe even 2.

This would be acquiring a star / potential superstar with an insane amount of club control. He's a great fit on that system and next to Horford. And they would still have bkn '18, and the sac/LA pick

Vivi and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The majority is often wrong, as you are here.

Devin Booker is a super stud. He can post, shoot off the catch, shoot off the dribble, get to the line, and he has great feet and defensive instincts for a 20 year old. He has a killer mindset too, in the vein of a superstar.

7. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

our white superstar

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Did you just compare Devin Booker to Tyreke Evans?

:D

Okay...

9. mathor

mathor Member

Maybe that's too much... maybe the 3rd pick, a young player like rozier and making a third team eat noha's contract could make it...

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

him a tough one here. as good as booker is, I'd say a big like KP is more valuable right now because of the rarity of the skillset, especially for someone his size and does play smart. but I do like booker. really young guard who already developed a little faster then his actual age. question is for him as a guard does he become a chukker or does he develope into an all around guard that can translate his team into W's

RudyTBag and mathor like this.
  11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I don't disagree with the thinking that Kristaps can be slightly more valuable, it's debatable for sure. What I don't agree with is people throwing him out there like he is Larry Legend. He is older than Devin Booker, rebounds the ball like Ryan Anderson and doesn't get to the free throw line, which is a huge factor in his development going forward. He is incredibly inconsistent with his effort from game to game, but he has plenty of time to right the ship. I am a huge fan.

With the way that NY has already devalued all of their assets, I would be AMAZED If they got a player of Devin Booker's potential for him. No way the Suns would bite with Booker & #4 pick for Kristaps. Lunacy.

YOLO likes this.
  12. DMO (DJ remix)

Booker is great offensive player and i like him a lot, but he needs to improve his play making and defense a lot, i think you're lower on Porzinigis as oposite me being low on Booker. You need to see beyond stats on Porzingis, which many of us here do. Again, he played with 2 terrible team mates who often refused to feed him the ball, despite him often being hot and able to go for high scoring nights on high %. In no way Booker was in worse on comparable situation when often times he had the ball in his hands. I mean, even if Porzingis can/could create, he still needs to receive the ball and there would be like stretches of 5 minutes where he would not receive the ball on offense once, but he would still score on put backs, impact game on defense and such. And as a young player he would get frustrated at times by his team mates inability to involve him on offense.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

if things go well for both of these guys in years to come, they could turn out to be some of the faces in the NBA for the next gen

RudyTBag likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I have watched an ass ton of Kristaps. I am fully aware of what he is capable of doing, and I am totally aware of the NY dysfunction. I actually enjoy watching Kristaps WAY more than I enjoy watching Booker. That said, Devin Booker has something that Kristaps doesn't. There is a killer instinct in that kid and I would be very careful about dealing a guard in the current NBA for a guy that rebounds like a 7-3 Ryan Anderson and does not get to the free throw line.

I'm not saying Kristaps is worse, I'm saying that Devin Booker + #4 pick is insane for the Suns.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  15. DMO (DJ remix)

On yah, in Suns instance when they already got Chris who's pretty cool, i would not make that trade, but i like Kristaps much more than Booker.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. mathor

mathor Member

i ve thought to something like this:

NYK: Rozier, 3rd pick (BOS), +salary fillers
    NOLA: Porzingis, J. Brown,1st pick (Nets), noha's contract, other picks from boston
    BOS: AD

Who's not happy?

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Pelicans are not trading Davis...at least for a couple of years.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Probably NYK fans

19. mathor

mathor Member

you're probably right... but in this case they give away that atrocious noha's contract and take a 3rd pick in this draft

20. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Wait, what? Booker does not play defense--he's one of the worst defensive guards in basketball.

Porzingis is the guy who shoots the three and plays defense. Booker has a lot of potential as a scorer, but so does Porzingis along with bringing rebounding and rim protection.

Porzingis is worth far more than Booker, IMO.