1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kris Middleton Torn Hamstring

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Raz

Raz Member

That basically cuts them out of the Playoff-race. Milwaukee's other wing players are: Jason Terry, Malcolm Brogdon, Orlando Johnson, Xavier Henry, Rashad Vaughn, Steve Novak, J.J. O’Brien. Their backcourt has been weak before, but now... damn!

Rudy Gay wouldn't be much of a help, since he's more a Power Forward than an athletic wing at this stage of his career. I think they have to lower the price for Greg Monroe and see if they can get Lou Williams or Ben McLemore.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Terrible news! Sorry for Bucks fans (@malakas ) on this.

malakas likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

good call

It was Beasley...Morey pouncing on a PG he probably already had on his radar...maybe since the '14 draft

4. malakas

malakas Member

Season over already before it even started.

5. craguin

craguin Member

Bucks send Tyler Ennis to Rockets, acquire Michael Beasley
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bucks general manager John Hammond said it was not a move made in reaction to Wednesday's news that Khris Middleton would be sidelined for six months with a torn left hamstring.

"We were in discussions with Houston before Khris' injury, and we think he (Beasley) can bring a scoring mentality off our bench," Hammond said. [...]

The team is carrying 15 guaranteed contracts and is not applying to the league for a disabled player exception, a move that would need to be approved by a doctor and would assume Middleton could not return before the end of the season. A more likely move would be to make a trade for more wing help.

"We understand that we're not going to be able to replace a player of Khris' caliber," Hammond said. "Right now, most importantly for us is not to try to get too reactive.

"If there's an opportunity that we think is good for us, both in the short term and long term, we'll explore all those opportunities."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. malakas

malakas Member

There is speculation from fans with medical knowledge that the surgery and 6 months comeback mean that the injury was so severe that he won't even come back the same player.:(
    Worst news possible.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

From a hamstring tear? The healing process is slow (and easy to re-injury if not fully healthy) but I don't remember reading about players not coming back the same from the injury. Were there some player examples cited?

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

As long as Kate and Pippa are healthy Britannia will survive.

9. heypartner

seeingred likes this.
  10. seeingred

seeingred Member

Awesome. I got league pass for the first time at the start of the season and was trying to decide which young team to follow - Bucks or Wolves. Giannis and Jabari are just more compelling to me than Wiggins and KAT. Now with lavine out and middleton coming back, they'll be even better to watch.

11. arjun

arjun Member

they are only 0.5 games out of the playoffs, and i firmly believe that the Bucks are better than the Pistons, Knicks, and Hornets.

I think Middleton returning should push them to secure a playoff spot.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Nice, scary young team

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Middleton is one of my favorite players. Bucks are going to be excellent, will easily make the playoffs.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Desperate attempt to save Kidd's job. I wish he wouldn't come back but whatever at this point. Can't even get excited with this idiot at the helm.

slothy420 and BigShasta like this.
  15. heypartner

That's harsh for a fan to say. Let the man play. Or are you saying he's coming back too soon?

16. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

We would have to throw in a 2rd pick for them to take Brewer and that might not be enough.

17. malakas

malakas Member

To cut the tumour you have to make some sacrifices. Otherwise Kidd will remain for years, wasting multiple seasons. Rather throw this season away, exposing his incompetence getting a good pick in a good draft, than have Khris coming back sooner.

18. heypartner

So you are saying you like Middleton, but you want to sacrifice him to the point he loses an entire year of development with Giannis vs just half a year.

This is weird to me. I know there are fans out there who like to play god with a player's career and hope they don't return from injury nor play with their superstar teammate, for tanking reasons, but I find it weird. Maybe Giannis could tear a hammy too and stop playing. That'll teach the owner and GM who won't fire Kidd.

19. malakas

malakas Member

What????
    Sacrifice i said this season not Middleton.
    What development? With Kidd who has no offensive system and a defensive system that lets on purpose open 3s? Only individual development.
    As for chemistry they play together already three years and will play together for another 3 at least. Wasting more a couple of months is nothing.

20. heypartner

Yeah, you said sacrifice his season....wish he wouldn't come back.

That's all so weird to me. But you're not the only one who advocates tossing away player games for tanking reasons.