1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[KOC] Rockets tried to trade Chris Paul to Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jun 19, 2019.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Zion Williamson is being sued for $100M by a marketing company who has claimed he broke his contract agreement! (via @YahooSports)

just saw this and wanted to share lmao wtf

BigShasta likes this.
  2. cebu

cebu Member

3. Normalus

Normalus Member

Trade CP3 for Ntilikina straight up!

4. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Morey is washed, man. Another dumpster fire of an offseason where he'll miss out on ALL of the preferred free agents/trade targets.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This goes back to when he sued them after getting out of his contract with them. I think it was expected.

tc0330 likes this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I still dont understand. Why did we give CP3 that deal? I mean, it looked bad at the time. This is not about having the gift of hindsight or something. It was a really poor trade in the moment and we all knew it was way too high...it just doesnt make any sense.

7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

basically cp showed us what we wanted to have the first year. strong armed us into giving him what he wanted. then half assed it after he got his money.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Remember, Morey is a genius. He’ll figure out a way to trade Paul. I’m guessing someone will take him after a few years when he’s entering his final contract year. Most likely it will only take all of our first and second round picks for the next 3 to 4 years but don’t worry, if anyone can pull it off, it’s Morey. And by then Harden will be in his prime, just in time to win a championship

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

#Runitback

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

"washed" lol

harold bingo and topfive like this.
  11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's 2 different things!
    The trade was genius - we gave up nothing and brought back a hall of famer. Went on to have one of the best seasons in franchise history.
    The contract then followed. Yuck. Even at $10mill per year less it would still be a stinker! But I wonder if that is the price you pay for making a splash. We rolled the die and came within a whisker of a championship. Then you gotta sack up and pay the $160 mill you secretly promised OR become the TWolves...

I kind of think it could still work if we miraculously get Butler. Imagine if he opts in, we trade Gordon and Nene for Butler. Suddenly Paul's contract is great, simply because it shows that we follow through with guys who opt in and come here.
    That's all hypothetical - but that's pretty well the only benefit of it

topfive likes this.
  12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i wouldnt say we gave up nothing..

13. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Don't believe everything you read....

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Do we? How do we know that? Why would we think he wouldn't?

I am not so sure. He's getting worn out, not getting a lot of credit for all the work he's doing, and isn't winning championships doing it. Why wouldn't he be open to a change that would help.

I think the issue is that last part. Similar to Kobe. Why did Kobe take over so much? Because nobody he gave the ball to was as good as he was. But, even he learned and changed. Harden has a much better supporting cast, should make the change easier.