1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe / Gilbert Arenas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Billionzz, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

This isn't an important thread but I thought I would mention this since Kobe is coming to town.

Wasn't it and isn't it nice to see a player like Gilbert Arenas score a lot of points and play well (as long as we win the game) and not have to act like a punk like Kobe does.

It just makes me respect him so much more than Kobe because he doesn't have to act like a punk.

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

wrong place.. but i agree 100%

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Wrong forum, but yes it was great to see Gilbert do well while we won the game. He and Kobe are two completely different birds.

4. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i also agree. it is the wrong place. :p

seriously though, that is exactly why i hate kobe and have so much respect for AI and Arenas.

5. xomox

and on the subject of respect for players, i have no respect for the great floppers of the game. ginoboli, dirk, brezec...
    when dirk is fighting through traffic and he believes he won't be able to finish, he makes this pained face to get the refs to call a foul and bail him out.

and mavs lose tonight. :D made my day.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

did anyone see the rebound in the 3rd or 4th qtr between dirk and collins? dirk extended his arm onto collins but when collins almost secures the ball dirk falls down and the refs call a foul on collins

7. windfern

windfern Member

I don't disagree that is a wrong place but I do agree that this thread is childish.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd rather it be Kobe than that punk Iverson. I don't ever wish harm upon anybody, but if anyone deserves an elbow to the face, it's that guy there.

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

?????

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

how does kobe act like a punk...?????

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

what??????? i understand dirk but whta has AI done?

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Agreed. I can't believe some people actually bought into Kobe's false modesty.

Arenas has his own weird (sometimes very weird) quirks. But there was one show that followed him and showed how he's taken one kid (age 10?) under his wing, takes him to all the home games, and spends quite a bit of time with him. It's one thing to give free seats every game to some kids in need, but it seemed like he spent lots of one-on-one time with him before every game and they are genuinely friends. I can't stand the celebrity Thanksgiving promos where they take one day out of the year to hand out turkeys as if it was some huge sacrifice.

13. FanToronto

FanToronto Member

We only one YAO stone to shoot these two birds.

14. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

You give Arenas credit for that and give Kobe nothing for the many things he's done similar to it.

Arenas has been an a-hole in the past as much as Kobe. He's done a lot of stupid things.

I don't think Kobe is 'modest'...but I don't think Arenas is either. Arenas is actually a relatively cocky guy in a lot of his interviews.

Kobe has come out and played a team game this year. Even his crazy scoring game was coming in the flow of the offense for the most part. I don't think he'll ever satisfy fans, no matter what he does.

And what's crazy is, I've never been much of a Kobe fan. I'm usually the one arguing against the guy when I talk to his fans..

15. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

yea, dwade was like that too, but he's starting to get too much like shaq.

16. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

kinda like DWade?

17. xomox

exactly like d wade. i agree 100% with matt bullard's comment about brezec stepping into yao's path when he was running up the court just to get the call. he said that if the ref's are going to be calling flops of that nature, they shouldn't even bother playing the game. bullard didn't win on that tv show he competed on, but i think he is a great analysts because his comments and opinions are very intelligent. enough ranting.

18. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

how is kobe a punk? you can argue he's arrogant or cocky, but when has he been a punk?

19. xomox

he was a punk when he publically said shaq paid women money to have sex with him. but it's not fair to mention this without mentioning that they were both slinging mud.

20. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

STFU ALREADY, KOBE IS NOT A PUNK, YOU'RE ONE OF THE STUPID PUNK AZZ.