1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Bryant the most overrated player in NBA History?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LOLatSoccer, Mar 17, 2012.

1. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

sorry for double post

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Let's just say nobody benefited from the golden era of media more than Kobe in the NBA

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Glenn Beck mode.

4. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

Kobe is a great player, and I don't know if he was the MOST overrated player ever. But he's definitely been overrated. How many consecutive All-Defensive Teams has he made, even though stats suggest that he's often been a mediocre defender? How long has he held the "clutch" label, even though he was an inaccurate clutch time ball-chucker over a period of several years?

I just shake my head when people seriously make MJ comparsions. Which is not as uncommon as it should be.

5. Mr. Space City

in be4 kobe trolls.

6. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

you know Kobe is relevant and a threat when this dude is making videos again. I love it

7. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

I don't know Kobe's defense and clutchness is overrated. All I know is his defense and clutchness is the biggest reason LeBron is no longer LeBronze.

#9 goodbug, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I thought this guys commentary was legit until I saw he also posted something about John Cena vs The Rock. Lol

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

not listening to some random wigger rant for 10 minutes.

4 people like this.
  10. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

"The guy is great, he's an all-time great. Top 6 perimeter player of all time, so how can a guy that's so great be so overrated... Because... He took some moves from Michael, his team has had success and that's as far as people want to look."

This guy is an idiot...

Another thing, scoring 81 against the Raptors is impressive as ****! They needed those points, they won by 18. The Lakers were only up by, I believe 6 points going into the 4th quarter... and, really let's look at the starting line-up that game... Odom, Kwame, Mihm, and Smush...

I'm not saying Kobe is the GOAT... But, he is in the top 5 players I've ever seen.

1 person likes this.
  11. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Oh, and OP... I hate your username.

12. goodbug

People forgot Kobe scored 62 in 3 quarters against Mavs, the top seed in the league. He could have another 80 points game there if he wanted.

1 person likes this.
  13. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Kobe is great, no doubt, and a tad bit overrated. However, Jordan will always be better, the accolades state that.

Also, LOL at the Kobe jock-riders bringing Lebron into a thread he isn't mentioned, AGAIN.

14. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I had to try and watch it. I only got about 4 minutes through... But, best part:

"I've compiled a little over 3 hours of footage, that I recorded of these 2... Their involvement with each other..."

Please tell me he gets paid for these videos.

15. goodbug

It's relevant because LeBron nuthuggers are always the most active in this kind of topic. A reality check wouldn't hurt.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here we go again...

I think someone should make a forum...a entire forum where the main topic is "Kobe vs Lebron"

This subject pops up monthly on every NBA forum any ways.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The Dallas/Toronto games were 2 individually great games, but a few great games shouldn't impact a player's overall body of work. For example, how often do you hear people talk about Jordan's 63 pt game against the Celtics in the playoffs? Not very often. And that was in the playoffs while Kobe's Toronto/Dallas games were both meaningless, regular season games. In terms of regular season exploits, McGrady's 13 pts in 33 seconds is far more impressive.

18. goodbug

LOL, are you implying LeBron is the most overrated player ever? Coz regular season games do not matter.

Kobe has 5 rings. I mean, he's not MJ. But I don't know how he can be labeled overrated? If anything, he's one of the most overachieved players ever.