1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe and Shaq TNT Interview

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Feb 17, 2018.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Full 1 on 1 interview

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Right up there with the Bills doc of things I've seen recently that were just excellent.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks for the repost.

I really enjoyed the chemistry between these two without an actual basketball game going on. In my unconventional realm of professional basketball relationships/experience, one of my favorite opportunities is to watch two either very similar or different personas have conversations which elicit their true emotions, vulnerabilities and the notion of self-concept. For once, it appeared, both Black Mamba and Shaq could put their egos aside and reminisce over the incredible success they had together as a tandem in LA. Sure, with a close eye, you can still sense the tension over a few items, but overall ,it was nice to see how they've grown past the gossip, Shaq's ridiculous "Kobe can ____ my ____" raps in the club and the triangularization they suffered at the hands of Coach Satan aka Phil "I Can't Win Without an Established Dynasty" Jackson.

I guess it sounds goofy of me, but I found myself smiling as I watched. I think, perhaps, it was because how much joy and laughter these two had between them at a certain point in time. Those days have passed, but as they rehashed the memories, you could see them reliving those moments with genuine smiles. There's some thing about that I admire...maybe it's my mortality...who knows?!

Kobe and Shaq were easily one of the best duos I have ever seen. When the Lakeshow was visiting, you knew you were in for hell. If Shaq got in foul trouble, Kobe was going for 45 and we all know how scary games got in those final minutes when nobody could stop him. Not Ruben Patterson. No one. As much as I love the Rockets, I enjoyed the terror of watching Cuttino guard Kobe better than anyone could have, all just to see him nail a 3 with 10 seconds left. You knew it was coming, but it was always shocking.

I miss some of that NBA.

rant//Codman's Debbie Downer: Any time that the King series was mentioned was an immediate trigger for me. We ALL know that the Kings/Lakers series was rigged, and watching game 6 and 7 over shows one of the most disgusting examples of betting in pro sports that I've seen. The Kobe and Shaq powerhouse was done that year. Sactown had their number, but the league/refs didn't find Bibby/Cwebb/Peja/Dougie/Vlade to be sexy enough to warrant a championship. That bothers me, and it still does.

It's not as blatant anymore, but there are subtleties in the playoffs when an agenda is in play. Just let the guys play...that's why we watch//

Ridiculous Story (pretty well known in circles/Ears): When Shaq used to roleplay in his "Superman"/"Diesel" alterego before games, he would take a picture of certain players from opposing teams and tape them on the chair. As a display of his super powers....when the urge hit, "Superman" would sit down and cropdust said-player's face as his hilarious way to self-motivate total destruction come game time. Even worse (funny) : certain other Lakers would use the same chair to "bust a move" pre-game as an ode to the stench they would place on that team/player for the next 48 minutes.

Obviously, this is all communicated during fun events, but Shaq used his "powers" to the max on players on the Knicks. Sorry, Pat. Lol

Sorry for the rambling. Done for the night. :)

4. Voltik

Voltik Member

Wow great video, really dayum good. I respect Kobe as a player alot more after seeing his passion and drive to win. The nickname of Black mamba suits him well.

It’s dissapointing somewhat that Hakeem never had that killer instinct guard playing alongside him during his peak years. Shaq always had one during his finals appearances, Penny, Kobe, and Wade. It’s heartening as a Rockets fan that Hakeem didn’t need a guard in their prime to win. But the total number of championships will never be more than some of the other great centers who bounced around the league for winning championships.

RocketWalta and saleem like this.
  5. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Clyde Drexler?

xtruroyaltyx and Patience like this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

don't waste your time watching two emotional lesbians trying to masturbate their own egos in front of each other.

7. Asian Sensation

Penny, Kobe and Wade ain’t got nothin on Maloney.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'That pissed me off so much.......'

#8 daywalker02, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    thedreamsteam likes this.
  9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Shaq & Kobe would like to move on, but Chuck knows the truth haha

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Chuck makes Shaq so shook.

macho GRANDE and Rox11 like this.
  11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I became a Kobe fan once he stood out as an old man in a game that was changing, in my opinion, for the worse. I admire his competitive spirit and concept of integrity. My dad somehow knew someone who delivered pizzas to both Hakeem and Shaq; apparently, Shaq was a way nicer dude to a pizza delivery man than Dream. That counts for something.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Shaq is boring and seems phony. TNT should replace him with Chris Bosh.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

When you're trying to end your Ramadan fast with a double beef and mushroom and the delivery guy won't shut up and give you the box, you're bound to get hangry.

14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Word.

15. hakeemthagreat

So Kobe had a bone spur in his foot during that Boston series? Yet his critics use that series to say Gasol "carried" Kobe lol. Also after watching that interview it hit me now that Shaq never carried Kobe for 3 rings. Shaq admittedly came in outta shape & coasted while Kobe molded his game. 2 of those rings were lead by Kobe. That interview exposed a lot stupid myths about Kobe's career

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#16 zeeshan2, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    don grahamleone likes this.
  17. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I was looking for this interview, thanks for posting!

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Meanwhile, if Dwight even thought about SMILING while he was in LA, the media & Kobe would have burned his house down.

don grahamleone and Swiss Roll like this.
  19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Finally Shaq let his guard down, you can just see the ego being suppressed. Kobe just has that ego, but in a more mature way. He acknowledges his ego and has fun with it. Great interview, though I wish they’d address the beef in more detail, but like Codman says, some stuff still hurts. I didn’t care much for calling the Kings the ‘Queens’.

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

One of the best interviews I've seen (Player vs Player)

bballjunkie likes this.