1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knockoff NFL Elite Texans Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Dave2000, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

as we all know, Nike took over the uniforms from Reebok this season, which means a new set of Chinese knockoffs you can purchase online through wholesale prices

I took a chance and bought a Brooks Reed Blue Texans jersey. They are going for the same price of $20, with $20 shipping, which is flat rate no matter how much you buy. I did my research and found a Youtube video of a guy from here in Houston reviewing his Dre jersey he bought from the same site I bought mine (email me if want to know, don't want to advertise) and looked pretty good.

Took about a week for delivery, which isn't bad considering its shipped from China, and here's the verdict.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here a link I found to compares a real vs. fake Nike authentics for comparison

http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net/t2750-real-vs-fake-2012-nike-elite-jersey-comparison

Overall, I'm happy about my purchase where I'm probably going to buy a Watt and Cushing one also. Didn't have an authentic Nike Texans jersey to compare it to, but do have a Dre Reebok Premier Jersey (between replica and authentic) to. Color shades are duplicate and the red loop around the should is the same. My only complaint is that it runs a size smaller, but then again, its possible Nike has a more tighter/fitted fit than the Reeboks did.

Just wanted to post this since I remember someone here bought some knockoffs last year but were the Reebok kind and wanted to give heads up how the Nike ones look.

NOTE: forgive my pics from my cell phone, the shades look different in each pic since I took these with flash.

#1 Dave2000, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nike has been making all their shirts more fitted for the past year or so...i hate it. I'm not even a big guy and they feel too restricted, especially for athletic tees. Their jerseys are the same, so you probably got the right fit.

I'm not crazy about paying so much for jerseys now that players move around so much, especially now that the replicas are 100 instead of 80-ish. Might be interested in purchasing one like this...do they have any of the basic replicas?

3. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Really not suppose to advertise that you purchase these things much less provide pictures but nice. Some may say its unAmerican to do this but I think its outrageous they charge $200 plus for the elite jerseys and they may put $15 into making it.

BTW, the sight I know of put but never use :grin: has the Texans jerseys with the 10 year patch already on it. Its honestly the best sight; has baseball, soccer, hockey and basketball too.

4. Dave2000

Naw, they only have "authentics" which still come out cheaper than Nike's replicas.

The reason for the thread was just to show how the Texans jerseys look like, since there wasn't much sites to see how it looks other than whats shown on the site. I get no gain for posting this or the website. I just posted this because I know there was a thread last year about getting these type of jerseys, and had pics of them, but couldn't find it.

UnAmerican? Psh, people buy fakes all the time, hell you can go to a local gas station and buy knockoffs all the time. :)

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

My buddy got one of those (knockoff) but with the new 10th anniversary patch. Looked pretty cool but it was very heavy.

6. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

You really have no clue how the world works my friend.

Keep buying your knockoff jerseys, I can spot you second class citizens from a mile away.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

oh shut up man.

Can anyone give the links to this/these sites?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

UnAmerican? If getting the cheapest price isn't American I don't know what is.

1 person likes this.
  9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Alternatively you can get Reebok authentics (custom) for $150 right now. If you don't care about it being Nike Flywire, that's an awfully good price.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's "SITE" as in "website, not "sight"... sight is the sense that utilizes the eyes. :eek:

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Thanks, Dave. I've never done one of the knockoff jerseys before, partly because I never know which sites are best/most legitimate. But I've been looking for a red Watt for a while, and your link not only has them but also with the 10th anniversary patch, which I really like. So, I finally took the plunge. How long does shipping usually take?

12. conquistador#11

what are the letters and numbers like, just stamped?

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

On the knockoff? IMHO I think they are sown in better than the Authentics in some cases.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Don't wanna hijack the knockoff thread but my Andre Johnson Nike Game Jersey just came in and I must say its pretty freaking legit. It's not the elite but it's still awesome. It has a waaaaaay better feel than the reebok ones. The numbers aren't sewn on but they also don't feel like the painted ones reebok did. It's a different feel to the numbers and letters but it feels nice.

http://www.nflshop.com/product/inde...0&lmdn=Type&pageType=family&parentPage=family

I got a medium and it was 99.99.

In my opinion it was worth it. ;)

15. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Thanks. That actually doesnt look bad at all. I got my Watt from NFL Shop but Im thinking about getting Foster, Johnson and maybe even Manning from this website. They have them all in Womens sizes, unlike @ the NFL shop website.

16. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Thanks for posting this, Im waiting on mine to get here. WATT baby!

17. Dave2000

Not a prob!. It took about a week, ordered it in the early hours of Friday morning, and got it the following Thursday.

They were stitched in. The numbers, letters, and the Texans embroidered right below the NFL logo in the front. There were maybe like 2-3 loose threads when I bought it on the numbers, but can be easily cut with a nail cutter.

Here's close up of the stitching inside out

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#17 Dave2000, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

What link are you using? The toonJersey one? I couldn't find a red one with that link.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

20. macho87

macho87 Member

Lol the numbers give it away that it's fake. Way too blocky looking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.