1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks to release Dalembert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TRBOTAK, Jan 5, 2015.

1. dude1394

dude1394 Member

The mavs cannot pick him up because he was traded. Sammy just has an on again/off again motor. He will go games without giving effort. For a while he was getting fined for over sleeping.

I personally think his lackluster attitude ( although he is kindy goofy ) affects team chemistry. But he certainly can play when he wants to.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dunno. dorsey actually gives effort when he's on the court. you know if dalember will show up. if he's ok with spot minutes, and we have dmo playing most of the backup min at center, then rockets should give try to get him after he clears waivers.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sure, why not

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We have our backup 5. His name is Donuts.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Provided Terrance Jones comes back. If he doesn't..... Dalenbert or Okafor is worth taking a flier on

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dalem-bear is getting old. He is hibernating longer each day.

7. JH13

JH13 Member

Anyone instead of Dorsey!

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I have pondered on this point. I was in favor of giving him a chance, but I wouldn't mind if the Rockets didn't go after him. We can't afford inconsistent effort.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Brandon Wright is a better fit, Boston would've mind trading him for peanuts since he is on the bench with little or no PT

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

We're already paying $20M for it right now!

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

They're blowing up that team. His contract was for 3.8M, 1.8 guaranteed. If they kept him after 1/10 they owed him 2M, it was a numbers game and they wanted to make room for Langston Galloway.

He wasn't having a great year but a lot of that was the Knicks and Fisher.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is some truth in what you are saying. I hope Dwight will wake out of his slumber soon.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok so why'd Dallas let him walk then? Besides, the Rox weren't exactly losing when they got him the first time. Dalembert has a lot of talent but clearly doesn't enjoy playing bball, when he played here his eyes seemed like it would glaize over and then he'd do the dumbest ****.

If we are still gonna get guys over, then just trade for Brendan Wright. Dude can play PF/SF so we move DMo to the backup C spot.

14. hakeemthagreat

Dally>Dorsey

Why haven't we signed him yet?

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I'd rather us save playing time for Dmo and Smith. At Smith's peak he's able to contribute a lot at the SF/PF. Dalembert seems like a serviceable back up center but let's be honest we don't need more defense, we need a better cohesive offensive. I have my doubts with Smith, Jones, Schved, Brewer all getting good minutes in the rotation. Then you have to worry about Terry and Canaan's minutes too. It's nice to have all this veteran talent but it's another to get a consistent effort out of all of them.

16. dragician

dragician Member

Black > Dalembert > (Dorsey * 10000000)

17. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Cavs are 100% picking up Dalembert

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

19. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I'd rather play Canaan at Center. No thanks

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No. Will hurt the Rockets cap situation in order to make a trade at the deadline. Can only take on an additional 5 mil or so in order to stay under the hard cap.

Waiving someone with guaranteed salary and taking on another veteran salary hurts the Rockets ability to make a potential trade even though its a small amount.

Sam Dalembert is not worth it. He probably wouldn't even get PT, and he's another strong personality that can affect the locker room chemistry.

Plus... I'm pretty sure this is a dup thread from the other day.