1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

we can still do this brehs! 1,000 pages!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. Zergling

Zergling Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/sort/RPM

Ryan Anderson - 1.51 RPM, 6.46 wins
    Carmelo Anthony - 0.12 RPM, 5.26 wins

We were trading for the inferior player. We should be glad this didn't go down, especially considering that Ryno is a better team player and is totally fine just spacing the floor.

rockets13champs and kevtse like this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lets just hope melo at 34 has a bad season for okc

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Is it still happening?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Channel our inner Methrockers.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not yet until _holic confirms

8. basketballholic

My source, connected to cp3, did NOT come off of Melo to the Rockets until Sunday evening. Kept telling me Melo was trolling NY and would veto deal. Finally Sunday evening he conceded. Said Paul and James were very pissed...at Melo......for caving. Melo told them all summer he was coming here. Deal was actually agreed to with Mills and Portland before Perry was brought on board and "paused" everything.

From there the deal fell apart with Portland bailing and trying to recruit Melo. Melo was holding the Knicks to their word to move him to Houston up until Saturday. The OKC deal was presented to Melo weeks ago and he vetoed it then.

But apparently Saturday Perry hit him with it again and then started working on Melo about the possibility of coming back to the Knicks and closing his career with the Knicks in a few years when they were ready to make a playoff run. As everyone knows, Melo loves NY. And he was already concerned with his legacy being tainted in his home town. From my source, Perry and Mills got Dolan involved and to agree to bring Melo back for a swan song if he would take the OKC deal. Melo caved to that. And deal was done.

My source, a cp3 contract, insisted Melo was trolling NY until Sunday evening. He also told me the Knicks would have sent Melo here if we had included either CC or a first rounder. Or they would have bought Melo out if we had agreed to Lee/Thomas for Gordon, whom the Knicks could have then flipped for a first and cap space.

What I take out of all this is that Morey sees this puzzle much the way I do. Our weaknesses last season were the lack of playmaking and distribution alongside Harden and our defense was way too porous on the interior and the glass. We fixed the playmaking issue with Paul. Just have to hope he stays healthy. But we really didn't address the interior D and glass much. (Black). We're hoping for this great improvement from Capela to tip the scales for us defensively and on the glass. But if there's not a huge step up, then we need to be able to go big game hunting for a premier 5 that can defend and rebound effectively and can keep Draymond occupied by being able to pick-and-pop for the three offensively. The obvious player to watch here is Cousins. He's the ideal matchup nightmare for the Warriors. And we simply could not afford to give up our premier trade assets for a luxury item in Melo when we will need them for a guy like Cousins.
    Perry was very, very crafty here. I give him props. He turned nothing into something by using the "always been a professional" angle to get Melo to go a different route when he didn't have to. It WAS too late but Perry found the soft spot on Melo and capitalized. Even though that was against us, you gotta give the man props. Perry WILL turn that organization around.

Frankly, I'm not worried about this team from a playing standpoint. I believe we're still better than the Thunder (although they did get closer) and we're still short of the dubs. But we're in a good position to collect a #3 guy during the season. And if we don't, just a good defensive and rebounding upgrade at the 5 could get us a lot closer.

I'm not worried about our play. I am concerned about another distracting issue though that I won't mention right now.

BTW, the tweets were almost entirely copied/pasted text directly from my source unless I stated I was speculating. Source is well aware of my presence here and I checked with them before releasing any info. We've been working on this post since yesterday. I met him when the Melo Clippers rumors were flying a while back. He's legit. Speaks cp3 almost daily. He gave me the cp3 trade very early on the Saturday morning it went down before it was announced. So I know he is imbedded.

And lastly, this saga isn't over. They're gonna see what happens from here. Melo still prefers us over Westbrook. And he may wind up with us a little later, maybe after this season. A lot is riding on the chemistry in OKC.

#13108 basketballholic, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Classic, itzIce, J.R. and 2 others like this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

^^^^ welcome back fam!

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A truly classic basketballholic after-the-fact-completely-wrong-statement-but-was-actually-right-per-sources-trust-me-please post. I will admit that you at least put more effort into this one than most of the one's you put out there, so for that I will give you major props.

#13110 J Sizzle, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD

GOOD POST

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. basketballholic

https://goo.gl/images/GnQGY7

Lol loser. I just gave you more insight into what went down then the totality of these 650+ pages. Lol. You'll never change me. I've forgotten more basketball than you'll ever know.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Please.

The only reason Melo was appealing was because he was a possible pathway to getting Lebron. Anderson and Melo are close to a wash at this point.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Interesting read @basketballholic.

Thought this was an interesting aspect.

The fact that Melo was FIRM about going to Houston and then "all of a sudden" opened up his NTC is quite curious. I mean, he had to know the leverage and the long play here with Houston. So why all of sudden change course? One reason could be he just did not, under any circumstances, want to show up for NY media day and "played the good soldier" to open up the NTC to 3 teams. Maybe there are other reasons like the scenario @basketballholic mentions.

I think we needed to have CP3 lock Melo in a house like the Clips did to Deandre. Melo had someone in his ear (perhaps Perry) that convinced him to give up his leverage for a reason.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

melo is 33. one year older than cp3, ariza, and tucker

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Ok, I'll play along.

Did this source (CP3 contact) mention anything about Wade?

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well said. I look forward to the next post-proven-wrong-rumor-trust-me-please-oh-god-please post.

18. basketballholic

No

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

The threD that wont die.

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. rockpileindisma

What's the deal with boogie?