1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think there's zero chance melo gives up $27M next summer to sign for our MLE. but i agree with you the CP3 bolting is a real concern. since he's never made it past the 2nd round, anything less than WCF will have him at least considering other venues. also agree about offense from our frontcourt -- our forwards were just terrible in the playoffs and offensively there's been no upgrade there this offseason.

2. today

today Contributing Member

Man am I depressed, it's a massive disappointment. My last post/visit to this thread.

On to the next disgruntled player, hopefully the grass is greener on that side...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

We have no valuable asset aside of Capela. Melo was our best shot but Morey ****ed up.

4. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Seems like jalen rose was right :p he called this a while back, to watch out for OKC. Though he thinks they will be good I doubt if they can figure things out in just 1 season.

I hope they get a 6 seed hehe or 5 and lose in the first round in the playoffs. So that all 3 leave.

Melo might still come to Houston next year. Or if not let’s hope Lebron.

And Russ n gp13 to lakers.
    Poor ol Portland no one wants to go there.

5. txn

txn Member

So....wat does it mean?

6. David321

David321 Member

To all those so called insiders that said Melo to Rockets is imminent please find a new career.

7. Houston09

Houston09 Member

So now we know burt is a fraud, bholic or who ever he claims to be and just recently as much as i hate to say it codman. Before anyone starts with the o my cant believe you said that about cod, i pray he gets better. When was the last time he said something that actually happened? All the birds talk, i think he is just a rockets fan who loves ornithiology.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

WOAH!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Omg :eek::eek::eek: you crossed the line

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

This.

So many posters here keep deluding themselves about the value of Ryan Anderson. Despite several highly respected journalists like Zach Lowe, Oconnor and others having stated on the record that teams are looking for TWO first round picks to take on his contract.

Assuming Carmelo has zero trade value, the Rockets offer of Ryan Anderson was still short a couple draft picks.

The reason why the Rockets couldn't and didn't get Carmelo is very simple... Morey rightly or wrongly didn't want to include the 1st rounders in the trade to the Knicks and/or wasnt willing to offer the picks to a third team to take on Ryan Andersons contract.

Those complaining about the Knicks committing malpractice or the league stopping the rockets trade are failing to accept the fact reported by Lowe and others, that Ryan Andersons contract was viewed extremely negatively by other NBA teams.

Kanter's contract isn't an attractive one by any means, but with only 2 years/36million left at most and possibly 1/17million year left at best (if he opts out), it's still a hell of a lot more attractive than Ryan andersons remaining 3 years $61 million dollar contract!

Baqui99 likes this.
  12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

i said we needed to added in a player whether that was capela, gordon, or ariza to make it work. so much for that leverage, but I'm sure morey will be eyeing someone else nearing the trade deadline but that was our chance to get melo and potentially get the banana boat boys here next year. maybe maybe lebron will be interested to play with our big 2 next year but I highly doubt it.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

14. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Melo to Okc with westbrooks.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lala all bout that country life

Daddy Long Legs and Tfor3 like this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You heard it here first!! Melo has been traded to okc to play with multiple Westbrooks!

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You're the real mvp!!!!

Appreciate everything you share

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Good bye Melo trade thread.

I remember when all the Melo threads started to pop out of nowhere. Then fake news stories, then the banning, then the quiet times, follow by the long wait and the long refresh on the browser. To the final chapter when it seemed like we had hoodie Melo but there was rumors someone might sneak in. And today. I’ll miss you Melo thread.

Until..... next year ;)

Let’s remember potato head and burt steeles I’ll see you guys on Tuesday at 5:45

20. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Rip when potato head removed his pinned tweet saying melo to Houston. I used to look at that for reassurance