Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member

Everyone knows the deal is done except for Perry of the Knicks. I think the Knicks, city of New York, and the media is just over this drama as everyone else is. Perry just wants to show the world that he is on Jerry West's and Morey's level. Especially since he and the rest of his buddies were able to make the King's into such the contender. If we can get him fast enough so the team can go to Galveston to train again. We might be able to build enough chemistry to beat the Warriors even without a "Lebron". An inspired Melo is probably one of the most under estimated weapons. if we can get enough chemistry going and prevent injuries/fatigue this team will be the best team in the NBA. It all matters if we play as a team or a bunch of individuals in a streetball game.

bawanyh, Tfor3 and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  2. Rokman

Rokman Member

There is no I in Team and there is no I in Carmelo Anthony. . . . What's his middle name though??

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

By the way, anyone else feel like the JJ Watt shoe looks like a pair of house slippers from India? I could care less about a pair of sneakers or who's name is on them but I just had to comment on them because these were especially bad.

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Kyam

5. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

<Cough> wrong <Cough>

[​IMG]

and the "l" in Carme"l"o can be a capital I. /jk

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

All indications are Perry and Morey have an agreement for the framework but Morey is again out there searching for 3rd and 4th teams to facilitate the agreed upon framework. The Woj report suggests as much.

I'm sure all parties want the deal to be done but it's just a really tough one to execute. It might just be a matter of timing for a team to believe they are a Ryan Anderson away from being a contender. Just a tough time to make that case in August when rosters are pretty much set and everyone already thinks they are a contender or a young rebuilding team.

I'd say be patient, but that's probably not good advice actually. I'm just moving forward in my head with the team we got and let Morey do his thing.

Bobsputin likes this.
  7. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

This

and I would add that when Woj said the teams re-engaged, it meant NYK was more willing/ready to deal.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

9. No Chill Rocket

Promise?

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yule C

No Chill Rocket and jae713 like this.
  11. rockets13champs

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  12. dobro1229

The fact is the reality of the team is no different with Perry as it was with Phil. It makes sense to move Melo who will leave in a year if you can, but it doesn't make sense to trade him in a deal that brings back salary for veteran players.

So "ready to deal" isn't exactly the terminology I would use, but reality is reality... even in 2017 when people are allowed to believe the world is flat.

However it's also a reality that they might just keep him for the year and bank on him opting out and try to make the playoffs. That's our reality at this time we have to swallow. We are the team that had to deal with the Gasol trade retraction, the Sean Elliott trade retraction, and the DMo trade nonsense. We of all teams should know better than to exercise caution.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I view it differently. I think they have the framework of a deal, but NY is holding out thinking they can get something better from Melo opening up his teams or Morey getting desperate. We know the latter won't happen.

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. dobro1229

Maybe. But why would Morey still be looking for a team to take on Ryno if that was the case?

Im just thinking that because the Woj report hinted that this got out there because the Rockets are making calls to find Ryno a home that the framework of the deal is agreed on by Morey/Perry but it's up to Morey to facilitate the players and picks needed. Just the way I view it based on the report.

That also means that Morey could call Perry and be like "we got you X player on an expiring and the pick you wanted" and Perry says "no I want more and/or those expirings aren't palatable enough" but if Morey is still aggressively shopping Ryno that tells me he has a good idea or an agreement from Perry about what he needs to sign off on the deal instead of shooting in the dark at random offers with third and fourth teams.

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think they had a deal prior to free agency drying up..... some teams had more cap space and willingness to take on Ryno before they used up their space. Now they would be required to include more / different players to make the deal work. It fundamentally alters the landscape of any deal framework.

16. today

today Contributing Member

I had a dream last night that I was with Morey when he took a phone call from Phoenix, and he was excited about what they had to say.... Then I woke up. Grrrrrrr

Tfor3 and pippendagimp like this.
  17. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

Carmelo is in puerto rico receiving the key of the town

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That guy wears a lot of red.

Richie_Rich, heypartner and LjGarci like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member

Melo to Houston confirmed

DonKnock, Tfor3 and jae713 like this.
  20. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

Carmelo Anthony will certainly do in Houston a great community work he does in my beautiful Puerto Rico I do not doubt he will do it for the beautiful city of Houston