1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks and kanter feud..trade for Bk??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shvedsucks, Dec 31, 2018.

?

Would you trade kanter for Bk?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

He is having problems with Knicks and Knicks seem to be ok with letting him go for cheap. He is having a great season number wise with a PER of over 22. He can shoot the 3 and elite rebounder. I know he is childish but I’ve always liked him as a player. I think he would be an awesome pick up at the back up 4 and is expiring. Not sure if knicks would do it and probably not but if I had to make an argument for it because they are having a feud and BK and filler can be two separate cheaper contracts, Knight has potential if he can get back to his old form, and maybe they get a pick out of it

#1 shvedsucks, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

If he is expiring this is a no brainer. But why would the NYK do it?

roslolian, malakas, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This should be in the random trade thread, but he can't shoot the 3 and the Knicks would in no way want Knight and his contract.

MC31B, napalm06 and kevtse like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Only if we can get Alexy Shved again as well.

6. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Just checked and he is expiring. Not sure if they would and probably not but if I had to make an argument for it because they are having a feud and BK and filler can be two separate cheaper contracts, Knight has potential if he can get back to his old form, and maybe they get a pick out of it

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

He has shot .300 from 3 for his career. Granted very small sample size

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Kanter wouldn't get on the court for Houston. He is competely unplayable!

The only reason to do this is asset exchange - getting an expiring instead of Knight.

I cannot think of a reason the Knicks would do it?

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

No chance Knicks swap him with Knight cause they want to have cap space next summer.

RocketWalta, MC31B, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

His contract is expiring, so yes we would trade Knight for him in a millisecond.

Kanter as a useful player.....no. Defense is unplayable.

D-rock, BasketMAD, topfive and 4 others like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This and the fact that he completely sucks on defense would make him useless here

12. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Disagree on him not being playable here since we don’t really have a true 4, let alone a back up. But I have edited my post to add the argument why Knicks would do it

13. alethios

alethios Member

The way he got killed on the dribble penetration by Harden in the playoffs made me lost any hope for him. He's only useful as a backup to the backup.
    [​IMG]

14. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Agree he isn’t a great defender but he isn’t a horrible defender based on what I’m looking at stat wise, his defensive win shares have been around 2 for his career. To compare, PJ has also been around the same (agree that we all know PJ does so many other things) and James Ennis has been around 1 for his career. Plus kanter is an elite rebounder and I’m not proposing he gets starter minutes, but as a back up 4 or 5 could be extremely helpful in different matchups, rest, insurance, etc

15. steddinotayto

If you're basing everything you know about Kanter on just stats and not watching him play then yea you're definitely thinking you're getting a steal if you're trading Knight to get him. There's a reason why he's coming off the bench in the first place. His defense is THAT bad.

D-rock likes this.
  16. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

To be fair harden does that to everyone

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So why do the Knicks trade for Knight? How many picks are we throwing in?

18. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

To be honest u are right I haven’t watched him play defense much, just seen him on offense here and there and really liked it. But as a back up 4 and 5 for limited minutes, elite rebounder, he can be helpful. Not like we would give up much. And it’s only for half a season we aren’t investing our team over him

19. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

I added in the post. But I wouldn’t do more than one pick, a second should be enough

20. steddinotayto

While he completely sucks on defense he is still an expiring contract. The Knicks are not going to take on Knight's contract when they're gearing up for free agency next summer. I'm also not prepared to send them any kind of package that includes Nene either. That's not saying how much I value Nene's defense but rather how little I think of Kanter's

D-rock and Deckard like this.