Knee replacement surgery tomorrow

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Just checked in to cf for the first time since going on summer vacay ands saw this. Glad to see your surgery went well. Pt is going to suck more times than not, and it's going to be painful, but you just have to stick with it and stay mobile. I'm on week 5 of pt and I'm back to most low stress activities. No running yet, but I'm fishing on my boat already .
    Best of luck to you

B-Bob, KingCheetah and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member

hey guys, just thought I'd update. Getting the staples out today, so a bit of a milestone. So far, so okay. Pain hasn't been horrible, but I still don't have any use of my quad muscle yet in terms of being able to use or lift my leg. Also when I was in the hospital and just first moving around using the walker, I did some movement awkwardly and tweaked my back. Now a week and a half later it feels like my back sometimes hurts more than the knee. This is aggravated at night when I pretty much have to sleep on my back.

Other than that, I guess the surgery went well, and the home nurse visits and physical therapy people have been great. I go back to see the doctor at the 3-4 week mark, until then it's just hurry up and wait for quad muscle to come back to life.

DudeWah likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I'll read this thread, and talk soon. I've been putting this sh!t off for 5 years or so.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Someone would like an update on the nurse whilst they stir.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member

well I will say that the nurse who came to the house on Friday was both the youngest and cutest of all of them so far. And she had a pretty light touch with the staple puller outer gizmo. ;)

B-Bob likes this.