1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Knee Jerk Reaction] Time to call Danny Ainge, Daryl.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Dec 21, 2018.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Nope not for Mr. Hayward. Not for Marcus Morris. Definitely not for Tatum or Kyrie because we don't have the assets. I'm talking about Mr. Jaylen Brown and/or Mr. Terry Rozier.

Are these guys untouchable? Nope. Are they saved for a big trade to New Orleans perhaps? Maybe but you're banking on re-signing RFA Rozier in the summer and hoping that Jaylen Brown plus other assets will make it worthwhile for New Orleans. I would move those picks that Morey reportedly dangled during the Jimmy Butler Saga for both (3 or 4 1sts) or either one (2 1sts)

Why the hell would we do that? Well for starters, this team is old. We need an influx of young talent that can play alongside Harden after Paul limps into the sunset. Besides, what good are those 1st rounders if we're going to try and consistently contend for the duration of Harden's contract? I think Rozier can be a quality starting point guard down the road when re-signed and he would definitely be a damn good back up to Paul if/when that hammy heals. Brown has seen his stock take a hit with all of the pieces needing to be fed this year and I think he would be the perfect young sidekick next to Harden. Basically, you mortgage your team's future to get young players now that can both contribute to a long playoff run as well as pieces touch can build with.

What's in it for Boston, short term? We send them Eric Gordon to be their de facto 6th man and they don't have to worry about bringing back Rozier on a contract that they'll eventually move. Gordon's contract becomes an attractive expiring one next season and oh yea they just continue to pile on the picks.

It's time to put those "Four 1st Rounders" to the test and see if Ainge blinks.

Capela
    Tucker
    Brown
    Harden
    Rozier

That starting 5 allows for CP3 to have time to get that hammy healed in time for a playoff run.

Disclaimer: I'm posting this after spending the last 3.5 hours driving down to Houston, drinking a few red bulls so don't judge too hard.

Patience, ramotadab, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Sigh....I dont wanna trade EG(I'm attached to all of our players sue me lol) But...this....I dont hate this.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Kyrie could be had. They have to move him to get Davis. It would require him publicly saying he won’t sign a long term deal with the pelicans though.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. vick

vick Member

Yes if Harden doesn't get help it will be something that fans will never forgive the Rockets for. One of the greatest scorers ever in Harden never getting a title.Do it Tilman, or please sell the Rockets to someone who will.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Drunk @steddinotayto > sober @BigBum :eek::D

Pass on Rozier, dude wants to start and get paid, also not a fan of his game, he can ball but i'm scared he'll be another Reggie Jackson going forward, we would (over)pay for a rental whit no interest to stay here i the first place

Would gladly take Brown but i don't see Ainge giving him away for cheap, i think we would've to overpay to get him eventually (at least a couple of 1st rounders or one with low protections and Gordon), and i'm not sure he's worth it considering that would basically take us out for any potential trade for a star...which is yes, unlikely at this point, but you never know...after all George ended up in OKC, Kawhi in Toronto...with CP3 being so prone to injuries i feel like we need a second star even more now.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

nah, Morey and Tilman are fine with the 8th seed and a 1st round exit

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Yes, Rozier, there is not many option here. Nobody in the west is going to help Morey.

There’s no market for Paul, the oft-injured point guard, not with him making these figures in the next three seasons:

age 34: $38.5 million
    age 35: $41.3 million
    age 36: $44.2 million (player option)

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Never trust multiple-Red-Bull decisions.

steddinotayto and BigShasta like this.
  10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ainge ain't movin' JB, leastwise not for anything short of AD. Rozier? Really like the guy RFA in the summer IIRC - - with KI UFA. DA will hold his cards 'til the pot is stacked for him.

Call elsewhere, C's ain't listnin...

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

With Terry "high price" Rozier, this current team can still make the playoffs.
    The issue is that it won't be easy to unload Knight. As everyone should be awake that Tilman is not willing to pay the 2-year big luxury tax for Knight.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i actually think he should ask for a package around tatum/jaylen/picks in return for harden

steddinotayto likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME