1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay and Worriers talk contract extension

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 11, 2018.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s moments like this where I miss David Stern. I don’t like admitting that because it means I’m opining for the theater of professional wrestling. The Rockets were on one of the wrong ends of “basketball reasons,” but he’d sure as **** invent some “basketball reasons” to stop this Warriors team from steam rolling the league for the next five years. He would MAKE players accept market value for their talents, or something, to break this team up.

For all of the talk about Adam Silver being a great commissioner (and he’s probably the best out of the big 4 now), caving to the NBAPA and allowing the perfect storm that let Durant sign with a 73-win Golden State team will be a black mark on him. Nobody can beat this team if they’re all healthy. When OKC was up 3-1 on them (and when Cleveland beat them in the Finals), there was a blueprint to getting lucky and beating the Warriors. Now that Durant is on the team, it’s basically impossible to win 4 out of 7 games against them.

I’m ranting, but my point is simple: the Warriors have sucked the fun out of the league and I wish Teddy Roosevelt were here to trust-bust them.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I legitimately think the Celtics have a great shot next season if they can stay healthy and re-sign Marcus Smart. Brad Stevens is a genius and they play disciplined as hell.

3. BackdoorHarden

Yup. Stern would have never allowed KD to come to the Warriors. Silverman ruined the NBA because no team has a chance against 4 All-Stars

BigO likes this.
  4. BackdoorHarden

yup. Sick of this TNT crap saying Klay is the best 2 guard in the NBA. He's not even close to Harden

BigO likes this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Based on the post game from klay, it looks like the cupcake snek has infected klay with his slithery ways.

BigO likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Medium 3 vs 5 all stars how do you think that will turn out?

Stevens is a genius but Kerr is a genius himself so it evens out.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That is what is really annoying about it.

Watching Charles say that after Harden did all he did to keep his team in the game and Klay sit there and drain open shots but do nothing else (because he sure wasn't stopping Harden, which according to Charles, he would be able to do) and then get the accolades for being a role player.

What Charles is doing is basically if someone said then..."Horry is a better PF than you." Just because he was a great role player who won some rings. No one sane really thinks this, because Horry couldn't carry a team like Charles could.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is this about Charles the player or Charles the analyst?

The player was fantastic, the analyst entertaining but not that great, happened to blatantly make mistakes.

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

For that team, staying healthy is the hard part.
    - Kyrie's played 7 seasons and played more than 70 games 3 times. He'll be coming off a 2nd knee surgery so who knows if he'll be back to normal
    - Hayward's coming off a serious injury himself and I'm really curious to see if he'll be as good as he was in Utah, or if he'll suffer from "poor offensive team's leading scorer" syndrome. Somebody had to score for Utah last year, Hayward was the best at it.
    - Plus, how do they line up. Tatum and Hayward are both SFs, do both start or does one come off the bench. How will they feel about that?
    - And it isn't just Smart, Larkin and Baynes have been solid rotation players that will be free agents as well

And then there's the whole, how good are they really. Remember, they play in the weaker conference which may be inflating their perception right now. If they do make it past Lebron, and that's still an if, we'll get to see how good they actually are when they play one of the two powers out West. My best guess is that they're going to get stomped and it isn't going to be close.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

He realized a long time ago he can't do anything by himself. So why leave a team with 2 MVPs?

12. nono

nono Member

Many tears of unfathomable sadness in this thread.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't believe that at all. Basketball reasons was a special situation with the team in receivership and the league trying to maximize its sale price. In the Durant deal, I don't think he'd have done anything about it. The commissioner is not an owner. And as much as the owners probably don't like the Durant deal, I'm sure they don't want a precedent where the league gets to nix their deals when they finally get the key to their championships hopes.

As for sweetheart deals, hell no Chris Paul and Clint Capela should not sign sweetheart deals. Paul should perhaps sign a below-max deal in recognition of the fact that he's aging out and his effectiveness will be decreasing over the next couple of seasons. Clay Thompson shouldn't either. I think he's a sucker for one. But he also undermines the players union and all his fellow players. He's contributing to this dilemma that need not be a dilemma that a player has to choose between money and championships.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hate Katy for what he did, but the Warriors were shrewd with their cap space those three-four years leading up to it... Flipping their garbage overpaid white boy contracts while landing Iggy when they were as good as us back then.

No way the league should penalize that.

Morey isn't the only one who knows how to move the cap. He just isn't liked by some other execs because he's the most vocal about it.

15. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

They just drafted well and make it a very attractive place for free agents that want to win.

16. smp

smp Member

See KD in the background there? He's telling Klay to shut up and give him the ball. And he's going to take Klays 50 million too. I doubt Green will give up 50 million though. I don't like the guy but he's not a b****. He's going to get paid when he's up.

Nobody will remember Klay Thompson in 20 years other than the true GS fans- unless he goes elswhere and proves he can lead a team. How many people can tell you who the 3rd and 4th best players on the MJ bulls were?

17. basketballholic

Wait a minute now. Harden is a point guard......REMEMBER???

18. BackdoorHarden

DANG IT! You're right. Completely forgot Harden was a PG.

Hmm...well then...I guess he is the best 2 way SG if they count Harden as PG.

CHUCK ain't saying he's the best 2 guard now after 3 for 11!

Oh, by the way, CHUCK is supposed to die tonight. He said he would die tonight if Rockets won. But he also said he would kiss an ass when Yao scores 10 point in one game, but he kissed a Donkey(Draymond Green). SO he'll probably just die in 2nd Life or some MMORPG

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Disagree. The Celts are a great team and will likely be in the Finals this year, but they dont have the horsepower to compete with the Warriors. The game changer for GSW was signing Durant, taking an otherwise top team to unfair levels. Celts have no KD equivalent, and cannot reasonably keep up with Curry, Klay, etc.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If they keep winning and Klay keeps doing what he's doing, he will make the HOF.