1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay and Worriers talk contract extension

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 11, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And the likes of Ryan Anderson keep on feeling good about minimum exertion, maximum reward.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

beta b**** too scurred to make it out on his own like harden

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Let’s be realistic, he isn’t worth the 30m max he is capable of. I think his agent, his team and himself know this.

Maybe if he hits free agency a team like Charlotte or Sacramento or some deathtown would give him a full max, but why would he want that?

50m is a lot to lay on the table, so with him doing the warriors a favor I expect him to leave less than what. Maybe like 35m?

Starting salary around 24-25m with increases sounds about right tbh.

napalm06 likes this.
  4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harrison Barnes wonders why he would do such a thing.

buffalobills!!! and Deckard like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good Ol' Harrison could not hold a candle to Durant, Lebron for that matter.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They know if they stick together, life will be easy for them and they'll win more championships. Why go through adversity if you don't need to?

Icehouse likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I want everyone that is mad about his pay cut to be mad if Chris or Capela also take pay cuts. I just want you all to be consistent in your hate.

I dislike the Warriors and especially dislike Durant, but they actually built this team from the ground up. The only real luck was having a massive amount to of cap space when Durant became available, but Durant was a b**** for going to an elite team.

If Klay wants to take a pay cut to continue winning and to stay with the organization that drafted him, then so be it. I'm sure he is content not having to play for a shitty organization and being the face of that franchise.

I hate it, but if the dude thinks he is set financially, I can see why he is cool taking the pay cut.

Easy and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The other variable though is he already has won 2 titles, perhaps 3. Where as Caplea has won 0, perhaps 1 this year.

I am not blaming Thompson for staying though. That is his own decision.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Klay was raised rich/wealthy so money has never been a concern for him. His father was an NBA player.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  10. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I get taking somewhat of a pay cut. $50 million, though? Why can't the Warriors owners just suck it up and pay some luxury tax to keep their super team going? Why do we laud the player for making the sacrifice and not the even richer owners?

11. LpBryan03

LpBryan03 Member

Capela won't be taking a pay cut. Not unless he specifically signs with Houston and doesn't get an offer sheet first.
    CP3 has made his money, and its understandable to take a paycut here to continue to be competitive.

Klay has not made his money, and is likely to command far more money than that.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

@BimaThug tell me the Warriors will still have to be broken up PLEASE.

13. BigO

BigO Member

If Klay signs an extension the only player possibly leaving in Draymond?

14. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'd rather Klay leave. He's the better player in my opinion.

If Klay is talking about taking a $50 million paycut, I find it hard to believe that the four stars of that team haven't sat down and discussed ways to keep that core together for the next six seasons. Dray would probably take a paycut as well. He is under contract for another season after Klay though, so we would have to deal with GS winning for another season regardless. If they all stick together, I don't see a single team beating them for the next five years at least. Very, very lame for guys like Klay and Dray to sacrifice money to allow billionaires to keep it instead.

15. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

He's already won multiple rings, it is time to get paid!!

He isn't getting the endorsement money some of those other guys are getting that take pay cuts.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Meh. It is what it is.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hope they all die.

francis 4 prez and pippendagimp like this.
  18. BigO

BigO Member

Well that's where the issue lies, the billionaires would most like NOT pay, because it would reach they luxury tax point where its not worth it, so its either players taking less or players playing elsewhere, its really up to them and theres no way around it.

19. Sadboy

Sadboy Member

Is he really leaving 50mil on the table? There's probably some backdoor deal he get for taking a paycut.