1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ ... what did you say???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketability, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Halftime of the Fakers - JailBlazers game, what did KJ say???

"I don't know if Michael is watching the show, but Michael, please come back! It'll be good for the league. His skills haven't been eroded, ...... he's a competitor ..." (paraphrased, of course!)

HOLY COW! What is KJ talking about? Is he kissing MJ's a$$??? Man, I can't believe I heard that on national TV. Well, maybe I should! [​IMG] That's NBC.

------------------
    They couldn't stop him in the early 90s; now they can't stop him in the 21st century
    -- Bill Worell on Phoenix defense on Hakeem

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I agree with KJ. A come back for MJ would be great for the league, and stellar for the Wizards. I don't think MJ has anything left to prove about himself, except to prove to the Wizards and their fans that that team needs help, and his Airness' attitude and competitive fire could do nothing but help that team.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

3. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I agreed with everything you said except the "it'll be good for the league" thingy.

For one, I'm not worried about his reputation being damaged or about the Wizards, but I am worried it's not a good sign for the league. The league has been chasing after the next MJ since MJ retired (the second time) and never could. Now David "Satan" Stern wants him to be back because he can finally find the MJ that he's been longing for, and stop the bleeding (poor rating, attendance, ...). Imagine what's going to happen a few years from now when MJ retires again? Do we expect him to play till he's 50? What do we have left after a few years of glory (good rating, attendance, ...)? We'll again be searching for a replacement MJ, that is. See a cycle there? [​IMG]

Plus, if MJ does win some championships for the Wizards or whatever team he might be playing for (Championships? Not likely! [​IMG] ), it'd be the worst case. What does it prove? All other 28 teams suck? Do you think the fans are going to watch any games after his third retirement? And that's one thing I don't care much about, that is his reputation. If he does play and damage his Airness, what's good for this so-called all-time best and the league itself?

MJ returning? HELL NO! [​IMG]

------------------
    They couldn't stop him in the early 90s; now they can't stop him in the 21st century
    -- Bill Worell on Phoenix defense on Hakeem

4. Hydra

Hydra Member

I would like MJ to return so that he can finally lose for a few season, like he used to back in the 80's. Then we could all move on as the youngsters are schooling him. Unless of course CB4 comes with him. Then I say championship baby!

------------------
    "Of course, thats just my opinion, I could be wrong" -- Dennis Miller

5. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Well, it would be GREAT for the ratings.

------------------

6. Steve_Francis_rules

MJ coming back would be great for the ratings in the short term, but the league needs to think long-term and continuing developing the young stars. If the league keeps going back to MJ, eventually it will collapse because he just won't be able to play anymore.
    By the way, even if Barkley returns with him, I don't think the Wizards would have a chance of winning a championship.

------------------