1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

King's game Anyone?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 4chuckie, May 4, 2000.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Space Ghost:
    I hear you and I feel the same way. I really do like the Kings (I constantly get blasted on here for liking J. Williams) but I think the Lakers deserve to win it this year.
    I could not even imagine having Pippen getting another ring, that would totally disgust me.
    Unfortunatley for the Kings they will be playing against the world on Friday night, because you know the NBA wants LA to advance. I don't usually buy into conspiracies but I think you will see Shaq wall over, around and through the Kings with the refs either calling a defensive foul or no call at all.

------------------

2. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Deserve?!

Since when do they deserve winning the Championship?

Hear me now and believe me later, neither the Lakers nor the Blazers are going to win it all.

In fact, either team will be lucky to even get to the Finals.

I make no predictions other than that. But I will tell you that I am pulling for the Bucks, believe it or not. In the West, I'm going for Seattle.

Many would feel that Ewing deserves a ring, but I'm not one of them. I think Payton is more worthy of the trophy than Ewing.

Someone mentioned in another post that it seems to be more enjoyable watching the playoffs this year since we were never in it to begin with. I agree with that person 100%. Usually when we lose in the playoffs I become bitter and I don't want anyone to win. This year is a different story and I'm enjoying most of the matchups.

All I want is for LA to lose in the 1st round. I want a Portland meltdown. And of course, I want the Jazz out in the first round also.

Every year we always hear about how deep and talented Portland or LA is. Every year. It's been 10 years or more since either of those teams made it to the Finals.

On the other hand, if the Bucks or Sonics (wouldn't that be a cool Finals matchup!?) win it all that means that our record of being the lowest seed to win it all will be broken. That would be bad.

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!

3. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Don't worry y'all: if the Lakers don't stop the Blazers, I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Knicks (who WILL win the east) can kick Pippen's and the Blazers' asses. I don't want anybody in the West to win outside of the Kings (who I think will unfortunately lose the series to the Lakers), and I'd rather see the Knicks win it for Ewing. Besides, we had our fun in 1994, so we can be generous enough to root for the Knicks this time around...

------------------
    Wanna play in the clutchcity.net game? Got some ideas? E-mail me at philip_w_moore_jr@hotmail.com and I'll send a batch e-mail with details as they develop.

4. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

heypard - love to join ya but my schweetie would have my nads if I ditched her on a Friday night for a non-Rockets basketball game. We've got a party to go to. I hate to miss out on some good ol' Laker bashing though. That's always a good time. Have fun!

I, for one, can't stand these little media darlings and it would thrill me almost as much to see them go down Friday night as it did to see Denver knock Seattle out in '94. (When Mutombo laid down on the court at the end of that series practically kissing the ball, I was jumping up and down like a little kid yelling, "we just won the championship!" Ahhh, good times.)

Anyway, someone else is gonna have to take the Blazers down.

------------------

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I am with you SpaceCity. I have a gut feeling the Lakers and the Blazer won't be in this years Finals picture.

IF for some reason Portland does make it, I pray they get spanked and Scottie goes out a loser...not that he already isn't...we all know that!

------------------
    We're going to miss you Chuck! Thanks for all the memories!

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My heyschweetie is out of town this weekend.

Anyone for some Laker bashing Friday?
    I'm so jones-ing for joyish yelling at basketball on TV. Who wants to see Shaq go down with me?

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

As much as I would like to see them lose, I feel they are the only one that can stop the Trailblazers ... and I do NOT want Pippen to win another championship ...

------------------