1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kings firing coach Dave Joerger

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Apr 11, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's your basis? you could watched all 82 games and that still wouldn't mean anything if you have bad reasoning to begin with

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

There isn't a coach in the NBA that would have added another 10 wins to the Kings.

I don't know the specifics within the organization as I know no one within the organization.

However I do know that the optics are bad.... what should have been a hopeful and positive off season now looks like the Kings are still incompetent and lucked into any improvement.

Hey whatever, now the Rockets have another option to coach their defense next season when Jeff Bzdelik walks away.

YOLO likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

#23 J.R., Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  4. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I guess i just disagree. A coach with a good understanding of spacing in modern offenses can really open the game up for a guy like Fox. WCS just eats up space all game and provides no value in the pick n roll on offense with Fox and he was constantly playing twin tower lineups with WCS/Koufas/Bagley/Giles. Their spacing was just awful all year long and it cost them so many games in crunch time. Simply moving Bagley ahead of WCS in the rotation around the 2 month mark would have netted them a few more wins alone.

tmoney1101 and malakas like this.
  5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think he did an ok job with that team and I thought they could build on it but no it's the freaking kings lol

6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I think they wanted Luka but Luka had no interest in being in Sacramento. But yeah, everytime they look like they are about to turn the corner they end up taking major steps backward.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Since it looks like you're more in tuned with the Kings (I am by no means trying to mock or criticize you) than I am, what is your opinion that the Kings are looking to replace Joerger with Walton, someone that hasn't shown anything that makes him look significantly better than Joerger?

Swish4fives likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Is Bzdelik officially retiring after this season?

11. Fantasma Negro

Deserves to be fired, Sacramento should've been in the playoffs.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

There's been no indication of that. The reason he "retired" last fall was reported as either being due to him feeling underpaid and/or not wanting to deal with Melo who can't(and won't) play a lick of defense.

Alls I know is Tilman lured him back with a very big raise. So with a bigger paycheck and Melo gone, unless he legitimately doesn't feel like coaching anymore, I'd be shocked if he didn't return.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Breaking news: Kings fire Rick Adelman again, despite him not being an employee.

Jontro, hakeem94 and Rashmon like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wonder if we can hire joerger for our bench before this weekend

basketballholic and Nook like this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

I don't see how people here are blaming Vlade.
    Joerger in just one year managed to lose the lockeroom. That is in spite of all the winning, and a good camaderie among players.
    It goes to show just how much more potential there is in this team that an average coach that can have a good relationship with his players can bring out.

It's not like Joerger is some sort of genius coach that the Kings and the players will have to put up with his behaviour.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I don't know if anything is written in stone.

What I can tell you is that Bzdelik would only agree to a one year contract with a sizable raise.

The general thought is that he will likely not be back.

Also the timing of how and when he left wasn't exactly appreciated by the coaching staff.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Kings have some good looking young talent on that roster that with the right coach should get real good real fast.

Nook likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

For choking in the Blazers game.

hakeem94, Harrisment and BigShasta like this.
  19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Not sure what to make of Walton as coach. I agree he hasn't proven to be a better coach than Joerger. From the times I've watched the Lakers I could never tell what Waltons plan was as far as strategy in the half court offense when things slow down. It's hard to say if he's going to be a good fit with them. I would probably go with the Popovich coaching tree someone like Messina could be a nice fit

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Add that to the list of terribly run franchises, how many do we have now?

1. Suns
    2. Lakers
    3. Knicks
    4. Wolves
    5. Bulls
    6. Wizards
    7. Cavs
    8. Kings
    9. Magic?
    10. Pelicans?