1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kickstarter] Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I enjoyed the Longest Journey. I didn't play the sequel Dreamfall, but I heard it was good. I wouldn't mind having a good new adventure game to play.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Not keen on Funcom not making it. I'll wait and see.

4. RC Cola

5. RC Cola

Just wanted to bump this thread as the project enters its final hours:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey
    They've raised ~$1.3M so far (excluding whatever they have with Paypal), and have about 45 hours left. Hopefully they can end up around $1.5M-$1.75M. Of the remaining stretch goals, $1.5m puts in some content they were planning on cutting and also adds some commentary ("Director's Cut"). $1.75M will allow them to port to iOS and Android. Don't really care about this, but might be nice on tablets (think they also hinted at maybe porting to "...Ouya, Wii U, the next Xbox and PlayStation 4," but they'd focus on iOS and Android first). Probably just too far out of reach, but $2M will help them greenlight and start producing The Longest Journey Home.

If you want to know what The Longest Journey Home is:
    http://www.gamespot.com/features/taking-the-longest-journey-home-6404653/
    Basically a new game that returns to the style of The Longest Journey (2D point & click adventure game). It will be April Ryan's story, and pickup after the first game ended (showing events between TLJ and Dreamfall, and events taking place after Dreamfall). I'm actually MUCH more interested in this game than Dreamfall Chapters, so I hope that if the goal isn't met, hopefully they'll still be able to make it. As much as I loved Dreamfall, TLJ is one of my favorite games of all-time.

Here's a trailer they released for Chapters:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q_SAYD82LMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. RC Cola

Just a (final?) update on the progress of this...

They raised $1,538,425 through Kickstarter. They had a bit extra from Paypal, but don't think it was a lot (compared to other projects). Was a little disappointed it didn't get to $2M, but it did get the "Director's Cut" goal (among others). This is substantially more than they thought they'd get, and I am happy to see this franchise live on. Hopefully the project goes well, and they can eventually greenlight The Longest Journey Home (plus whatever else they want to do).

Here's a live countdown they did:
    http://www.twitch.tv/redthreadgames/b/375984387
    They answered a bunch of questions, and also had a Reddit AMA at the same time. Good stuff.

Another successful Kickstarter for a game I never thought would see the light of day! :)