1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keyon Dooling anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Well, this thread will probably get stale in about an hour but what the hell!?

Dooling is on the books for 2 more years after this one with a PO on the last year. He is making 3.1M. Diener is a minimum salary guy. Keep in mind, inaddition to Anderson's contract, we also have a Trade Exception worth around 3M from the Moochie deal.

In my opinion I think Dooling for our Trade Exception makes a lot of sense. Orlando continues the process of chopping off salary from their cap and getting rid of one of their plethora of PGs. The Rockets continue their youth movement with Dooling and get an athletic backup PG.

Intertestingly enough, Dooling was the backup to Alston in Miami...under Stan Van Gundy.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If only there was a chance of this coming to fruition as as he would become our third option. Dooling has great potential as he has talends not yet explored.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I always kind of liked the kid. He's not much of a passer, I'm not sure about his court vision, but ... he is a scorer, and would be a nice boost off the bench in place of Alston. I am hoping that we do an Anderson/ Dooling swap.

4. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

While he is a good scorer, I'm not sure if he has the size to be a 2. I'd still trade DA for him, since at least Dooling can actually contribute on the court.

5. verse

verse Contributing Member

yet another guy that should have stayed in college longer. coming out of mizzou, dooling had enormous potential. unfortunately, he went to the clip joint and his game got trimmed off. never did grow back completely, but he is a serviceable backup. reminds me now of a jeff mcginnis clone.

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Dooling is a shooter. We could always use a shooter. Anderson isn't doing anything, I wouldn't mind a Dooling-Anderson trade.

As for backup pg, i'm not sure Dooling would fit the bill, but, I'm still one of those who hope (believe, think) Sura will come back strong.

Dooling would be good off the bench as a SG. He's shooting better than Head right now, and he'll probably get more playing time than JB? Wesley starting and Dooling off the bench is nice. But I doubt it will happen.

7. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Pass on that. Bad contract. Likes to shoot, but is not a shooter. Not much of a passer either. Would rather have JL3 for the minimum.

8. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

Please, NO MORE EX KNICKS AND EX MAGIC PLAYERS

9. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I like dooling cause he smacked ray allen around. shows his intensity to the game! :D

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If you want a shooter, Diener is the shooter. But that's not what we want from the point. We want a defender that can run the team a little bit.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Outside of Diener's shooting ability, he's no different than you or me out there......

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree. The backup PG we need is riding the pine in Atlanta. I believe he has an expiring deal as well. Could probably get him with the TE.

13. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I like dooling, because that's how Burr killed Hamilton!