1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Nov 4, 2012.

1. delta69er

delta69er Member

Oops meant to reply to the one where you mentioned him being 21st all time in efficiency

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah because Lamb was drafted 12th and Harden at 3rd in the draft:rolleyes:

Troll *****.

3. LinMVP

LinMVP Member

Kobe was drafted 13th, Kwame Brown 1st.

BTW Harden was a reach back then and a lot people thought OKC made big mistake by drafting him over Evans or Curry..

Lamb got potencial to be lockdown defender. And he is already more versatile scorer than Harden.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

okay I guess i have to report you. Hope you get banned soon

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Did you watch any Rockets preseason games where Lamb was playing? He has wingspan and that's it. Everyone was blowing by him with ease! He and White were the worst defenders and nowhere near NBA ready.

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Martin is looking like an elite role player.

7. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

that seems about right

8. gah

gah Member

Loved this little nugget off tnt's inside trax:

Durant at K-Mart after he ran away from Boozer who looked like a Bull going to the basket (pun intended)

"Y'all say you'll get at charge, until it's right in front of you."

9. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Kevin Martin still up to his old tricks to get to the line.

We just saw the infamous "kick to the defender's junk to create space and initiate contact" move that Reggie Miller made famous. Or infamous, more like.

I thought this season the league did away with rewarding shooters who initiate the contact themselves like this, at the end of the shooting motion. Guess I thought wrong!

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Bulls are just going to go at Martin lol.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Martin 3-5 for 15 points

Why can't I hold all this efficiency

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

he's with the thunder now. favoring toward him i guess

mediocre teams like rockets aint getting ****

13. nono

nono Member

He was running into players and flopping and getting calls all game long. Pathetic really.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

how dare you, Martin's foul drawing is an art and a pleasure to watch

it takes skill and experience to do what he does, he doesn't do it like r****ds like Blake Griffin.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Being traded to OKC was the best thing that could have happened to Kevin Martin's career. If he stays healthy, K-Mart will be one of the most coveted free agents next summer. He's like a SG version of Jamal Crawford, who's best role in the NBA is providing instant offense off the bench of a contending team.

OKC's bench will get even better when he develops chemistry with Maynor and Collison. Maynor has to get used to running the 2nd unit's offense 80% of the time instead of splitting duties with Harden. That will come in time.

16. HombreDeHierro

jamal crawford is much more valuable to a team than kevin martin

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis and Nate Robinson was all on the same team once, goodness.

Crawford really hasnt been on good teams until late in his career. Neither has Kevin Martin, but you could at least make Martin a pseudo Ray Allen featured player any given year to a .500 record. If Martin played the 6th man role his entire career, he'd be winning some 6th man awards too.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Crawford was absolute dog**** last year though. You take the good with the bad from him, same for Martin. Martin is much more consistent and he takes smart shots..the downside is that he doesn't take as many risks, so he may not get you buckets when you need them most, like in the 4th quarter. With Crawford he may explode for 15 pts in the 4th but he can just as easily shoot you out of the game with terrible shots, which he did plenty in Portland last season. He is a lot streakier than Martin, but when he is on, he is on and vice versa. He doesn't have an off switch. Their is a reason why he was getting booed heavily by Portland fans at the Rose Garden tonight.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

A shooter who never worked on his shooting (or his game by his own words) for 12 years until this past offseason. Thats below Tracy McGrady level working on his craft. His performance on the court is still alright, but that maybe brought out a little more boo birds his way.

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

that logic holds no weight..

drafting guys straight out of high school was a huge gamble. if both guys go to college maybe kobe goes top 3 and kwame drops to the 2nd round. players dont sneak through the cracks anymore.. their game gets analyzed on a greater scale in college, theyre no longer dunking on scrubs that would never touch juco ball.. if players were still allowed to come out of HS, i bet PJ3 goes top 5, but dude got exposed at baylor.. a few years ago draft boards had Harrison Barnes & PJ3 going 1 and 2. both guys dropped after their stint in college..