1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin completely ignored...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiracleShot, Apr 23, 2011.

1. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

on espn denver okc game 3 the commentator just said that Kevin Durant led the league in free throws made this year. No respect! :mad:

2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

News Flash: The commentators are not always 100% correct, ever once in awhile they get something wrong.

3. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I know but Durant was not even CLOSE to Kmart.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i've heard commentators make this mistake before

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They were tied for #1 in free throws made. And Durant made more per game, so I think its fair to say he led the league in free throws made.

1 person likes this.
  6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Martin shot a better percentage however.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He didn't say freethrow percentage did he?

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Good. ESPN commentators are horrible. In the Denver vs OKC game, Felton missing a layup was clearly got hit in the head and yet the commentator couldn't even tell he got hit in the head, that's why he missed the layup. Instead this horrible female commentator mentioned about why isn't a Denver Nuggets around the rim following the fast break.

And at the end of the game, JR Smith was clearly hit on the elbow while trying to shoot a 3 and YET AGAIN this stupid female commentator said what GREAT DEFENSE played by Harden. Did she even watch the replay before suggesting someone is playing great D? Did she even know why JR Smith is fuming mad at the end?? ESPN commentators totally ignored every little details on the court....they're pathetic.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Morey's assets are always undervalued. :(

1 person likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Jesus Christ. Because the world revolves around the HOUSTON ROCKETS. :rolleyes:
    Just face it guys, until we start winning we're not going to get respect.
    It's also funny how some of you guys expect ESPN broadcasters to remember Rocket's stats religiously. Sometimes ESPN commentators miss something pretty obvious; however most of the time you guys are just nitpicking.

11. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Its better to avoid ESPN all together. Except during football season.

12. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Ummm, Durant did lead the league and free throws made. OKC was playing, Houston was not. There really wasn't any reason for them to bring Martin up because it's a national broadcast and nobody outside of Houston gives a ****. I'm sure the point of bringing up the stat was to heap some praise Durant and using the opportunity to bring up another player would diminished that.

If somebody brought up that Dwight Howard was 3rd in free throws made, I wouldn't really expect them to mention that Durant and Martin made more. And next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Bill brings up that Martin led the NBA in free throws without mentioning that Durant did too.

14. scola4

scola4 Member

I agree that some announcers are bad and I hate Doris Burke on ESPN but that last play of the Denver vs okc game was NOT a foul. JR smith took a terrible shot and Harden played great D.

15. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I agree, Burke is trash, but that wasn't a foul. His hands were straight up and he didn't lean into him.

16. blackistan

blackistan Member

nobody cares about the rockets they're not in the playoffs

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

EXACTLY!

We are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo irrelevant right now.

18. VBG

VBG Member

Durant did lead the NBA. He was tied with Kevin Martin.

I don't see how ESPN did anything wrong

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, this saying is losing all its context. Next, it's gonna be, something like "You know, I don't like the vanilla flavor of ice cream." And someone will say "You mad?"

20. blink

blink Contributing Member

this is what i was thinking haha. i know this is a rockets board but cmon, the world doesnt revolve around the rockets so dont get twisted.