1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by roslolian, Nov 22, 2012.

?

Do you think Love will stay in Minny?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. thekad

thekad Member

Sounds plausible at this point.

Doubt Love demands a trade with Rubio there, though.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

His player option only comes after the 2014/2015 season, so I'm not sure what we're watching for. He has no leverage to demand a trade at least for the next 2 1/2 seasons.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Offering him 4 years and saving the 5 was far and away the dumbest thing Kahn has done so far as GM.

And he's done some dumb things alright...

4. gregas

gregas Member

Yeah, I agree. Khan was very luck to build a competitive team despite his perplexing moves and he certainly should be fired asap. There's a real possibility that he manages to make a move that would severely damage the teams future.

The four year deal made some sense to me, but it may backfire. I think they were trying to create a situation where they'd extend Rubio and Love simultaneously after 2014-15 season, splitting the cap between them. They might have been afraid of a possible situation where the'd have to do that in consecutive years (Rubio 14-15, Love 15-16), which would probably mean they would have to offer Rubio the max, or risk lossing him, and Love significantly less than max, which he would refuse and leave the team. It all depends on how do they plan on managing the cap.

The plan would be to spend a good portion of the cap on a quality supporting cast for the two stars and than hope that they will give the team a discount, splitting the remainer of the cap, realising that they are returning to a well built competitive team with a real chance for a long term success.

But it may backfire, which is a real possibility considering how Love excepted the situation.

5. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Kevin love shirt. Kevin love shoes. Kevin love knuckle pushups.

And yes Kahn (Kaaaaaaaahnnnnnn!!!) will regret the decision to not extend Love the extra year. It's just one year earlier that he'll be out the door and putting Minnesota in his rearview for good.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

The way things have been going trade talks about max-guys that may want to leave seem to start at least a full season before said players hit free agency, so I'd say we're only the rest of this season and either half a year or another year away.

7. FearTheBeardJH

Love is good player, but he is not best PF in the game or franchise player. There is a reason why Timberwolves got the worst record since he came in the league and that he was never in the playoffs.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Get 'er done, Morey:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6lE6Htee0sA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

This, it's a long time before Love has an out. He shouldn't have signed that extension if he wants to go elsewhere. And, as much as I'd love to have him on the Rockets, I don't see a strong avenue to get him here right now.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This comment is full of fail...

http://pic.epicfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bush-fail.jpg

11. gregas

gregas Member

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I honestly dont know who you can argue is better than him...

13. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

That would be the ultimate Kahn move. Lose Love for nothing as a free agent. I can see it already. KAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHN!

I don't think there's much of a chance Love stays (why would he?) and if he shows any indication that he might leave as a FA you better think about trading him if you're the T-Wolves. It'll be bitter pill to swallow, but ultimately it's the lesser of the two evils.

14. AFS

AFS Member

Maybe if we dangle a point guard in front of him, he'll bite?

15. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Put up 23pts and 24 reb in a win tonight.

Can anyone breakdown how Love rebounds so well? Even watching him, I just don't get how he out-boards taller and more athletic guys.

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Rebounding isn't just about height, boxing out and hops.

It's about positioning and anticipation. That's what makes smaller guys like Dennis Rodman and Charles Barkley so great. You constantly keep your feet in motion, put yourself in the best position to grab the rebound and move within a split second. You have an idea where it will go based on how it hits the rim or where the shooter is on the floor + his trajectory. Guys like Love and barkley use a low center of gravity to their advantage to position themselves so taller, lanky big men like Camby risk over the back fouls when they're pushed (with the asses of these guys) out of position.