1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love might leave Minnesota

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ubigred, Jul 10, 2012.

1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I say shut and play WINNING basketball. Love needs to have more impact on the game. Empty stats do not mean nothing.

His defense sucks honestly. Plus he signed the extension prematurely ,if you ask me.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Les is right about on thing, players who yap too much undermine the organization's ability to improve. If Keven Love really wants to win, he should zip it.

But I think the dude is just laying the foundation for bailing to LA.

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Yup, and Khan cleared the field by not giving Love the 5 year max.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I hate it when a player calls out his organisation like that.
    That being said, i would love to have him on our team.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Kobe called out the organization. Lebron and tmac never did that. Lebron left and tmac vanished.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Enough of this ****, i mean seriously why are all star players b****es? Why can't we just have a league full of luis scola's? Who think's getting to the playoffs and winning would be great, but is still just incredibly happy just to be playing in the nba and to be on his team? I just don't get it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

No surprise, he wants to be a Laker in the worst way...

8. ubigred

He's not on their level.

It's not like he is the second coming of Kevin Garnett.

Numbers without substance.

9. 713

713 Member

10. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Rubio tears his acl and is out for the season; the team gets markedly worse --> Love gets pissed? This doesn't even make sense to me. Of a course a team built around to budding stars is going to get much worse if one goes down.

And the whole "they didn't show him respect by not offering the max extension"? So what? Deal with it. Either sign or don't sign. b****ing doesn't change his leverage and just makes him look like a primadonna.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Kobe calling out his team resulted Pau for Kwame. If Kahn is ever involved in a deal like that, you know he's on the short end of it.

12. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

First off, Love is overrated. He's a beast on the boards, but he plays small for the self-proclaimed best *power* forward in the L. He has no low-post game. And on defense, forget about it. He's definitely a great player, but he's not the best player on a championship contender. More like the second option.

Second, he's complaining that he hasn't gotten to the playoffs and blaming the team? Sounds a lot like Howard's whining. He acts like he shares no responsibility in not making the playoffs last year. He's got a serious entitlement complex going now. Plus, as much as Kahn has made some dumb moves, he's got some great pieces in there with Pekovic (who I think is potentially more valuable than Love in a couple years as a legit center who can clog the paint and has serious power game on offense), Rubio, and potentially Batum. If he can't make the playoffs this year with this squad, it's his own damn fault.

Third, this dude is a punk for stomping on Scola's neck.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

How long did it take KG to finally win a ring, let alone make it out of the first round?

Love has cause too be this pissed off. Should he have avoided the media and talked to the owner and GM privately? No doubt.

14. ubigred

I'm talking about performance/ability.

Aside from his on-court antics......KG (in his prime) will eat Love's lunch.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

KG is a HOF...Love is an Allstar...and its true that KG would destroy Love, but Love is a solid player...and he has the right to be pissed...Minny has been collecting Lottery picks ever since KG left...and Love has stuck by the team since... thats a really big deal...

16. what

what Member

I'd rather have the stat-stuffing all-star than the no-stats all star. Rockets fans. :rolleyes:

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Absolutely true. But Love is a force to be reckoned with in today's NBA. Comparing him to a sure fire HOF player is disingenuous.

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Maybe he just doesn't want to live in Minnesota anymore.

1 person likes this.
  19. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

While I agree that it is getting tiring to see all these stars complaining , what I don't agree with is people saying he's overrated ? We are talking about one of if not the best PF in the game today right ?

1 person likes this.
  20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He wants what his Team USA teammates have: a playoff caliber team. Wouldn't doubt that he's considered what happened with Garnett.