1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Looney would be a millionaire if he played with Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets1897, May 16, 2019.

1. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Watching this dude play but I’m sorry Looney = Capela if not Looney > Capela.

We need to get rid of that scrub Capela we can replace him with a similar player for way less money and use him as a trade chip to improve on the forward position.

If Looney was in Capela’s place when Howard left he’d be on 15 M contract now. He can catch lobs, he’s mobile, he can switch better than Capela.

Harden can make almost any athletic big a decent player if he is willing to set high screens and roll to the rim or just stand by the baseline and wait until Harden blows by his defender and make the opposing big step up and you just catch the lob.

bilaal14, Ratman, chadyang and 7 others like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lmao dude he’s already a millionaire.

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Actually looney killed Rockets.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. jowman

jowman Member

Looney is better and younger than capela. playoffs are a different animal and the difference is night and day for the 2. capela is incapable of making a good play while looney does nothing but hustle and get the warriors 2nd and 3rd chances.

in this game against portland for a stretch he was on the floor- looney gets a 3 point play, steal and pass to curry for open 2, block and pass to 3 for klay, offensive rebound and 2 for green, multiple stops shutting down CJ, and a couple tough rebounds, this is in just one of the streches hes on the court.

a series for capela at the end of one of the rockets warriors games- -capela loses ball from mishandling what should be an open dunk, readjusts when catches ball then gets blocked by looney, gets outrebounded by warriors allowing them to get a 3 off second chance points, then allows curry who has been cold to score on him twice when switched on him

#4 jowman, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Well you know what I meant he’d be on a way bigger contract ;)

hakeem94, AroundTheWorld and RyanB like this.
  6. jowman

jowman Member

Looney is a better shooter (can hit jumpers), FT shooter, better at catching the ball, better at finishing lobs, better finisher around the rim, better at guarding the perimeter (great defense on Lillard and CJ today), better offensive rebounder, gets momentum turning steals and blocks. hes smarter and clutcher on both ends than capela whose constantly caught off guard not guarding anyone. what is capela better at? getting paid and then disappearing?

Ratman, chadyang and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Mr. Space City

Harden could make me a thousandaire

bilaal14, chadyang, ryano2009 and 5 others like this.
  8. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

My point. Some people think even with need him to beat the other 29 teams in the league.

Please ****ing McGee can do what he does.

9. jowman

jowman Member

Yup. Still not sure what he brings. he can catch a lob better than some bigs in the regular season? dude would be nothing without 2 elite passers feeding him open shots. can't shoot or generate his own shot, if he cant even catch the ball then hes completely useless even with ELITE passers.

he gets rebounds? please we are the worst rebounding team in the league against almost every team. we got killed by 2nd chance points by golden state who's two Centers are Green(6'7) and looney (6'9). we had to put tucker in to scrap for rebounds and ended up winning with tucker at the C, rebounding off of pure heart and hustle.

defense? who did he guard that didnt go off on him? our defense was pretty good until he set his useless foot on the court. when we thought we finally had a favorable matchup for this guy- even scrubs like jordan bell were having a field day on him.

dude is straight trash. put harteinstein in for gods sake at least he can hit a jumper.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Looney is the real deal. He is the only player on GS that I actually like. I'll take an effort guy like that on my team without question. I actually want him as a backup up to Clint, but if Clint is dealt I would start him without hesitation.

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Good one, with James smiling face I had to laugh at this one.

hakeem94 and Mr. Space City like this.
  12. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Rockets could have outrebounded the Warriors if they just boxed out and played smarter.
    Heck, Hakeem was in the stands. We just needed him to suit up for the last quarter.

BamBam, chadyang and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Looney was allowed to set countless moving screens, grab and tug, plus go over the back without any repucussions.

D-rock, chadyang, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looney is the next little gem from the draft after the bigger one Draymond.

15. TheSource

TheSource Member

He even wears Harden’s shoes .....

Looney to the rockets confirmed ?

bilaal14, chadyang, ryano2009 and 4 others like this.
  16. JW86

JW86 Member

Knowing how to draft is something I will definitely give the Warriors credit for, they've had some great picks. I also love Looney, even though he looks like he could be a Looney Tune and kind of Goofy. I'll take him over Capela any day. Can we trade for him?

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

What is the point of having a big man that can catch lobs if that doesn't work against Golden State?

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Well if you ask me we’d be better off with a stretch 5.

saleem likes this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Well I believe that Brook Lopez could have been had last year. Outside of Dedmond I don’t what other legit stretch 5’s will be available this year. Kornet, Kaminsky, Baynes or Muscala maybe. We won’t be able to afford much better. These are all backups.

saleem likes this.
  20. opticon

opticon Member

Harden can make any one with talent look even better.

The question is can we find players that make Harden look better?

Mind Blown

hakeem94, sirbaihu and daywalker02 like this.