1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Johnson - Houston Texans' first round (#16 overall) pick in 2015 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Do you like this pick for the Texans?

1. YES

155 vote(s)
    81.6%
  2. NO

35 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a little nervous about the penalty tendencies. Hopefully that isn't a huge problem.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

They say the same thing about Trae Waynes .

I saw an NFL network piece with Babineaux rating the top defensive backs of the rookie class and he didn't even have Johnson in the top 5 :confused:

3. Remii

Remii Member

Not surprised if true.

4. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Yup. Bouye, Morris, and Hal are all solid depth players and can contribute in result of a JJo departure.

5. Remii

Remii Member

I think Bouye is going to be another one of those undrafted success stories. He's much further advanced at the posting than K-Jax was at that stage.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Johnson practiced much more under control today. Looked like a top pick should. Coverage was much cleaner today. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/597141435561807872">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

But what's the point of doing it now? All of the rookies are signed and there are not any major free agents left. If the Texans are going to be successful this season it's going to be because of the defense. Might as well have the best defense you can have.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's an old rumor and I doubt it's still valid, the Texans don't need any more help at the WR spot.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. conquistador#11

the link isn't working. I was just curious how many times have teams actually passed it. just felt that the chiefs and panthers were beating us with 1951 ncaa offenses, where the linebackers are mostly responsible for coverage. and our best linebackers in coverage are barwin, demeco and brooks. =(

11. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Kevin Johnson already looks like our best CB. I see him being CB1 by sometime mid season at least. He was a great pick!

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

He should definitely be starting over Joseph. That guy has fallen off a cliff. Was surprised they gave him an extension but I guess they didn't expect Kevin Johnson to come along so quickly

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Yeah, Joesph got burnt so many times last game, and his coverage was awful

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The extension is irrelevant really, they can cut him next season pretty easily. If he doesn't come along, it's all but guaranteed to happen.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Meh. Would prefer turnovers.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont see him being on this roster after this year. Hell, he shouldnt even be on the field unless its a dime or nickel package. The dude flat out sucks now. I wonder whats the percentage of DBs throughout the league that get that huge contract, perform for the first year, and then disappear?

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Joseph is taking preseason snaps basically. I don't like how BoB handled the preseason at all.

Guys like Ginn beating you routinely is a huge problem.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You both have good points.

I'd like to see Johnson start to take over for JJo and see how he does. I'm not sure he's up for it just yet, but if he is, it'll be huge for the defense. JJo might be best suited to moving to safety, I don't think he's fast enough to be a corner anymore.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This. Why in the world were none of these guys playing in the preseason? I understand Watt. But Wilfork? Joseph? They should have been playing. It is showing in the games

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a gamble, you play guys a lot in preseason and you risk injury, you don't play them and they are rusty.