1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by binvegas, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You heard it here first. K-state is gonna win the Big12 next year...

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

"D.J. Augustin said Kevin Durant has told his teammates that he's coming back for his sophomore season."

On the Realgm frontpage. I still think there is a good chance he'll leave, but this would be HUGE for the Longhorns.

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

anyone have an idea where i can get a torrent of the Texas v Kansas game from last week??

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This means absolutely nothing. The day after UT plays their last game of the season, things will radically change for Kevin Durant. The pressure will be enormous, a lot more than what it is now. He's saying the right things in order to stay focused on the task at hand.

Watch every minute of him while you can. Soak it all up. Durant ain't comin' back. He would make a mockery of college basketball next season. 2-3 months ago, someone ridculed my notion of him putting up 20/8 as a rookie next season. Watch it happen.

5. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

Just like VY was coming back. Enjoy him while he lasts b/c you'll see him in an NBA jersey next season. He's not staying in school. DJ even makes the commen that Durant is humble so you never know. He knows. It's not like KD is going to tell DJ he's leaving when they are about to make a run at a National Championship.

6. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

i wouldn't really take what anyone says seriously. people can change their minds so quickly. sean may said he was going to return to unc but ended up leaving for the nba.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Anyone know what Kevin's nickname will be in the NBA? K-Dur? Hopefully not KD... like KG.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

That's just awful man.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Sigh. another sign of the decline of our times. K-Dur is not a nickname, it's an abbreviation.

Bambino
    Lefty
    Easy
    Magic
    Glide
    Dream

Those are nicknames.

Anyway, here's my first off the top of my head try:

"Rembrandt" Durant... because he's an artist.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

The way he started the game today, I thought he would end up with at least 40. Big 3 to seal the win. He is the real deal. I will be envious of whatever team ends up drafting this guy.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He'll be Kevin Durant, or just Durant. Like Tim Duncan.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

I was joking when I said K-Dur. :p

13. ak47

ak47 Member

hes killing Kansas.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Mr. Durant.

Every game I feel honored to watch him play as a UT fan. I'll get to tell my kids how I got to watch him play in person against Chicago St. The selfish side of me wants him to stay so I can get another chance to see him. The intelligent side of me says he'd be a moron to stay. There is nothing else he can do, short of a national championship (the way he's playing, that is much more a possiblity now than it was earlier in the season). He starts right now on every NBA team.

#194 leroy, Mar 11, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not only is Durant great at 18, you can see he's raw enough to get a lot better.

16. Fuse

Fuse Member

He was great. He was just tired out towards the end. He doesn't have the explosiveness as some of the best players though... that would be my only concern as he steps up into the big boys league.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He's explosive enough. Durant isn't as freakishly athletic as Tracy but he has much better offensive skills at such an early age. He is more of a PF/SF combo instead of a SF/SG combo. When his body fills in, oh boy!

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

man im going to regret for a long long time not going to see durant play this year. while living in austin the whole time.

i wish durant though the best of luck. i think he may have the chance to be one of the greatest players of all time.

19. Fuse

Fuse Member

He reminds me a little of Roy from last years draft - in regards to having a complete skill set - although his ceiling is by far higher.

I don't think he needs to fill out his body too much. Having a Kevin Garnett body is fitting enough.

The one thing I do want to see is for him to be the creator for the team instead of just a scorer. I think that will define weather or not he can make the step from being a very good player, to a great player.

Having said that, its actually sometimes pretty frustrating to watch the Texas games. It feels like the offense is pretty inefficient at getting Durant the ball. I know he was tired, but towards the end, he just faded - I think there was a good 4-7 minute stretch where he didn't even touch the ball. Augustine, Abrams (?), and James dominated the possession.

James did impress me though. He is a hustle player that is pretty athletic, could be a useful rotation player for some teams.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

whitlock thinks durant and texas have underachieved

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/durant-must-pass-or-fail/20070312102009990001

Even with a four-freshman-one-sophomore lineup, the Longhorns have no business sporting a 24-9 record and No. 4 seed. They've underachieved.

With the right style of play, the Longhorns could win the national title this year.

The "right style" can only be achieved if Durant sets the tone by passing the ball to his teammates. "The Kevin Durant Show" amazingly finished its three-game stint at the Big 12 Tournament with just one assist.