1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What's this all about with Enes needing some loving?? Weird comment, no?

2. rockets13champs

If a player like KD left houston and had a return game... i bet toyota center would be empty

3. DMO (DJ remix)

So he wants people look up to him, what kind of example did you set by leaving to GSW? Really? Hypocrite at it's finest.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well IMHO it was a high risk, high reward move. Winning cures everything, everybody was talking the same trash to Lebron but they shut up when LBJ went on a Finals at least every year in Miami and he even won 3 MVPs in the process. The problem is unlike Lebron who went to another team and showed his stuff, KD has been playing at generally a worse level than he was in OKC. KD in OKC would never be in a 20 pt pounding by a rival, yet when KD came in a more star loaded team that was when he got the worst loss of his career. Since GSW actually won a ring and set a new win record before him arrived, going there makes him look more like a hangers on or coat tail chaser, I guess that's why people don't give him any respect anymore.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Turks are a sensitive people. Omer Asik is the same way.
    [​IMG]

hakeem94, Tha_Dude and heypartner like this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

What is this? Warriors trolling OKC via official twitter account - especially after warning from NBA, extra security for Durant..it's not that big of a deal. KD just needs to understand he will be viewed as a sell out, coward etc. and rightly so. Warriors need to stand above all this and stay out of it.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

KD will get Bron-like accolades when he's in the finals 7 years in a row, won three or four and arguably the best player in every playoff series.

Much harder when he's sharing the spotlight with another MVP.

He can take that gold star and shove it.

roslolian likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I love the spirit of this restaurant owner. His heart's where mine would be if I liked that rat b*stard OKC team.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18668072/oklahoma-city-restaurant-says-no-kevin-durant-request

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Popular Oklahoma City restaurant Mahogany Prime Steakhouse turned down a request by Kevin Durant's representatives to rent out the entire restaurant following the Warriors' game Saturday night against theThunder, according to proprietor Dave Osborn.

Osborn, who oversees Mahogany's downtown location, said Durant's reps called "three or four weeks ago" to rent out the entire restaurant for the Warriors organization after the game.

According to Osborn, the haul would have been between $30,000 to $35,000.

"I thought about it but I said, no I can't do that, because I have Thunder players that come in after games," Osborn said. "Thunder players come in, fans come in, so I just said, 'I can't do that to them.' It wouldn't be fair."

Mahogany is one of
    Russell Westbrook's favorite postgame spots in Oklahoma City.

"He comes in a lot after home games and he's got his own room, and it's always open," Osborn said. "And I've told him that: This room is always open after every single home game.

Osborn said that shortly after saying no to Durant's reps he received a call back and that the Warriors star said it would be fine with him if Thunder players were invited to join if they wanted.

"I told them, 'I apologize, but I just can't do it. I've got to stay true to the fans and the people that come in here because I do have a lot of people that come in after games,'" Osborn said.

Osborn said Durant used to come to the restaurant routinely following games before he left the Thunder in free agency, noting one time Durant was in a private room last season during the Western Conference finals and the Warriors wanted to book the restaurant following a game.

"I went into the room and told Kevin, 'Hey Kevin, Golden State wanted to book here and I wouldn't let 'em do it," Osborn said, laughing. "And he was all excited about it."

Osborn said if Durant wanted a reservation he'd be more than happy to accommodate; it's the request of renting out the entire place for the Warriors organization that is a different story.

Word of the situation first came out when ESPN's Steve Levy tweeted about itFriday night. Durant's agent, Rich Kleiman, tweeted a denial in response to Levy, simply saying "False."

"I told Steve Levy [Friday night] because I recognized him when he came in and I was just kind of talking to him and I told him in passing," Osborn said. "I mean, the publicity is kind of fun because I've got news agencies calling and everything like that, but I really just want to focus on my dinner shift and making sure the guests that come in tonight are going to be happy."

TheFreak likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin Durant to our own Mike Breen and Lisa Salters on the friendship between him and Russell Westbrook: "To be honest, I don't think it's that serious. Obviously, me and him have to figure it out. But it feels like everybody's trying to get in the car with us and listen to our conversation when it has nothing to do with anybody else. In a relationship where you spent so much time with somebody else, it doesn't concern anyone else. At some point, we will figure it out. But it feels like I got to call everybody and say, ‘I might talk to Russell today.' … I know you might handle it different with your friends, but this is our friendship, so we'll handle it our way."

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Nice puff piece for KD, Simmons. You come off like Fox & Friends interviewing Trump.

J.R. likes this.
  13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Apparently KD really wanted this game, and cajoled Green to play even though he was banged up. I guess he thinks winning this game with his dream team somehow makes his decision look better? Dude is clueless. And he must be the only guy in America that thinks he still has a 'friendship' with Westbrook.

Tha_Dude and J.R. like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

wat up with the cupcakes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1415 daywalker02, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Ramo$e and Chamillionaire like this.
  16. Raz

Raz Member

OKC fans in the building and on Twitter are on the highest butthurt level I've see so far in Basketball. Would be funny to see Westbrook walk in 2018.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

They were already there. Had he stayed with OKC this year they would be a top tier team, peroid. Basketball reasons to win a ship' ha, maybe. I think this was personal, before leaving in free agency he and Westbrook clashed but got along to win but maybe Durant got impatient and figured Westbrook was holding him back.

He stayed til his contract was up and then bounced....no incentive to get along now if the friendship wasnt really there and now business one is gone too.

I really wanted this OKC team to stay together...even with Harden (thank god they didnt) they had a top team and pissed it away....this team hasn't been that good since they were the Sonics....once Westbrook leaves thats it. The rebuild if you ask me began when Harden left, apparently Durant seen the writing on the wall too.

Oh what could have been....

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Blazers fans were similar his first 2-3 years.

19. heypartner

so, did Durant walk into the OKC lockerroom pre-game like Howard did in Houston?

#1419 heypartner, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  20. heypartner

OKC had a 3-1 lead on GSW last year. I think they were on GSW's level.

Patience and Ramo$e like this.