1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant injury: grade 2 MCL sprain + Tibial bone bruise

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Daddy Long Legs, Feb 28, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ugh
    Every game but Game 6 vs LAC was solid to great. Dude showed up big time in two elimination games and our lone early win in the series. The team was a collective -8 in Game 2 when Harden sat. You know they are elimination games even when you win, right? You just aren't allowing anything because how we got blown out in 3 of the first 4 games, and he gets blamed, and Howard's foul trouble in Game 4 had nothing to do with it???

Game 1, Game 2 and Game 4 vs GSW. A little more help in 2015 in Game 1 and 2 and things are different....much different.

And please stop the BS that he showed nothing against GSW last year. Yes he did. GIve the dysfunction of that team, he had a better series than Howard.

#181 heypartner, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    oakdogg and BigMaloe like this.
  2. what

what Member

I'm really not all that sad about it. And if the grizz win the championship, I don't care what anybody thinks about it.

It was a ridiculous advantage for the warriors to have him in the first place.

I won't be crying tears if love isn't back for the cavs either.

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Curry needs more help!

4. Major

Major Member

Last year's team didn't even survive Curry being only at 80-90% in the playoffs after the knee issue, let alone him missing a series. After that injury, even with Curry playing, they were a mixed bag in the playoffs, going 7-7 in their final two series. They were nowhere near as dominant as they had been all season and Curry was not as good. Take him out of the lineup entirely, and they don't get anywhere close to the finals.

The team today (with a missing Durant) is better than last year's team would have been with a missing Curry or Green.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. HTM

HTM Member

I love the Rockets too man.

I'm just saying I've watched all the games from Portland to GSWX2 to LAC to Mavs and while he showed up against the 7th seed Dumpster fire Mavs.... he was very underwhelming IMO against the others...

He doesn't get the calls in the play-offs like he does in the regular season and it hurts him a lot.

You also haven't even addressed Portland at all where he didn't show up.

We're gonna need our superstar to show up most consistently in the play-offs to win a championship... he hasn't shown that so far.

#185 HTM, Mar 1, 2017
    Richie_Rich and heypartner like this.
  6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Spurs have three remaining games against warriors. Crucial.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. heypartner

Yes, he put us in a deep hole in the 1st two games. We win the series with even average performances by him in those games, because Portland had no answer to Howard, and could not stop him. Harden wasted those games of Howard destroying Lopez for sure.

But does that contribute to us dismissing his monster Game 3, when the team was a collective -6 in the 3 minutes he sat in an OT game.
    And his monster Game 6 elimination performance (that we had), when the team again was a collective -6 in the 6 minutes he sat.

We both love the Rockets and Harden, and Harden as never been beast-mode throughout any series, and stinker games should never really happen to superstars like him, but I just can't say he didn't show up at all.

cheers

oakdogg, BigMaloe, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what did zaza flopped at the happenstance of durant's injury in your opinion ?

9. what

what Member

@what ?

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

After what we've been through with TMac, Yao, and even on a support level with Sura, the return of Francis, Dikembe in the Lakers series, Beverley and Motiejunas in 2015, Howard's recurring issues..... I'm willing to smile when a team that has never experienced any set-backs finally has to experience one.

#190 napalm06, Mar 1, 2017
    hakeem94 likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

which superstar? our lone one?

Granville likes this.
  12. jbasket

jbasket Member

That is just unequivocally false. He had a pretty subpar LAC series from his standards, and a nice chunk of his stats were padded at the end of blowouts on their end. It was *not* just game 6. Game 5 was a masterpiece. Beyond that? Bleh.

That being said, the first two Warrior games were some of the best *offensive* playoff games I've ever seen from someone in a Rocket uniform. Defense and off-ball movement were trash, per usual.

Last year, he seemed like he was the only one giving some effort. Other than Brewer. Such a shame, that year.

13. heypartner

Name them. And don't forget, he pretty much had to play without Howard in Game 4 because he had one of those foul trouble game he's prone to have.

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

Name what?

15. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

who cares, screw warriors and durant, This is what he deserves when he leaves OKC when they are in a great position to win championship and jettisons his teammates and beloved fans, karma is good, i hope his season ends here and GSW lose before reaching finals

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think you're over-analyzing it or we simply disagree. Simply put, I do not think James Harden has performed up to expectations in the playoffs to this point in his career. I base that opinion mostly on what I've seen him do on the court, where his teams have gone and how they got there and how he performs in the biggest moments, more so than I consider just his stats.

17. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Yes. Bring beer. Wear red. Go Rockets.

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Curry to Durant - "You can always bla,e the injury if we lose in the playoffs. That always works"

Klay Thompson to Durant - "Finally, people will remember that I'm still part of the Warriors"

19. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Thread title needs to be updated to say Durant Injury/Harden playoff history.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is an important point. Even when KD comes back, there is the mental aspect. He also has never had knee injuries before. How "comfortable" will he feel? Could take a while.

cc @The Cat