1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenyon Martin Yearbook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by knits stekcor, Feb 18, 2000.

1. knits stekcor

knits stekcor Member

Francis3's praise filled quotes on Kenyon Martin, in chronological order:

I say we get Kenyon Martin. He could be our future Power Forward. This guy can run and rebound and score. Great Defense too. His name spells rockets on it. He has to come here.
    Tonight Kenyon Martins team cincinnati played st.louis on ESPN.
    Kenyon Martin had

19 Points
    17 rebounds
    4 assists

I dont know how many blocks.

But this guy is so talented. Rockets got to get him.
    Kenyon Martin is a team player. He does have offense. Watch his games this man can play. Nice range and works hard for rebounds. Good Defense, runs well.
    He is going to be a good player.
    KENYON MARTIN IN ACTION TONIGHT AGAINST XAVIER.
    The game is on ESPN at 9 EST.
    Maybe we are ... Actually I dont mind it that much. I just want the rockets to have a good future team.
    LETS GET KENYON MARTIN!
    There is a Kenyon Martin...
    First player we get is Kenyon Martin, the power forward then we would go after a small forward. I dont know who will be there by then but we can get someone good if that happens.

BUT KENYON MARTIN IS THE MAN!
    Who cares about NAJERA!
    Kenyon Martin is the real deal. He has to be drafted by the rockets. He is a rockets type of player.
    Hey will that game be on TV?

because if it is. Everyone should watch it. Look at Kenyon Martin. THis guys runs the floor better than anyone power forward. HE HAS IT ALL!

With the First pick of the 2000 draft. The houston rockets select Kenyon Martin!!!!
    Actually Martin is a SENIOR. His team never had anyone that could help him out so he can be a well known player like he is now. MARTIN is a great player.
    No Martin has found his shot better this year. He can make those 15 footers but cant shoot 3s. Would You rather have a gugliotta player or a shaq?
    Martin is clearly a better player. He is AWESOME.
    Alot of big man in the draft. One I want is Kenyon Martin. But if we are looking for a small forward, then we could easily pick one of those I mentioned because you are right they will definitley be in the top 14.
    I just hope we get a good pick.
    Well I hope he is the houston rockets future power forward, His name...... KENYON MARTIN!
    This guy is amazing. Tonight Cincinnati played Oklahoma on ESPN. I remember someone in here is a BIG Najera fan. And tonight martin and najera were at it. But Martin showed him that he needs to learn how to play with the big boys.
    Najera is ok.. But he cant handle playing with the BIG BOYS!. ANd thats Kenyon Martin. Kenyon Martin is above his league, Martin has to be a houston rocket.
    You are right, its getting ridiculous talking about drafting a sorry ass player like Najera. Im talking about who is good now, Its Martin. Martin has improved his game and he has finally a good team around him.
    Najera wont be a top 10 pick.
    I know. We didnt need them. Augmon showed he didnt want to play. And Mclean does not fit this team. So i think we made good choices. JUST get KENYON MARTIN AND A GOOD FREE AGENT THEN WE ARE SET!
    Dont worry when we get Kenyon Martin we dont need to worry anymore.
    Ohh yeah Kenyon will be a top 3 pick. I can bet you on that.
    If Kenyon Martin is not there then go for the best small forward available.
    SCONNIE PENN WITH THE FIRST PICK!!!!
    I dont think sconnie should even be in the top 5. I wish we can get kenyon martin!!!!
    Martin is 6'9 and rogers is 6'11.
    Martin does remind me of mourning. This guy is a great player and i think houston should try the best they can to get him. I think he would be a top 3 pick.
    Guys... After tonights game i see we have no power forward at all. Did you see how they banged the bodys on the skinny players we have.
    We need someone that can be strong like them and not let get banged around.

And so now we got to get KENYON MARTIN. He is the real deal.. He bangs alot inside. ( I like using the word bang) He has defense, 6'9 , muscular and can play.

But i think Martin will be around the top 3 picks. So we got to wish we are there.

WE GOT TO GET A REAL POWER FORWARD.... COME ON ....
    No get Kenyon Martin.. I want a power forward and I want a real muscular one now!!!!!
    Martin...
    Ohh ok.
    I dont really know much about Murphy. And besides he most likely will not enter the draft this year.

But Kenyon Martin right now is at the top of my list.
    My first choice in the Draft is KENYON MARTIN... This guy is amazing. If not there then go after a sf.
    yeah i just saw it. I was really proud.
    KENYON MARTIN HERE WE COME!
    hehe. Of course, he is the real deal. He plays like he wants to be a houston rocket!
    We dont need Chris Mihm. We got CATO!
    2 players in the Draft that I like right now.

Terrence Morris and Kenyon Martin.

Both are great players. Hustle, can run, rebound, score and have great defense.
    If you guys sit down and watch his game, you will see how much talent this guy has. He hates to lose, does everything he can to win. Martin is exactly what the rockets need. But Terrence Morris has really showed stuff, I have watched him lately and I can see Morris is going to be something in the NBA. Its going to be tough, we just go to see how we are in the draft..
    He is the best college player right now, has great leadership. He rebounds really well, has a nice 15 footer now, awesome defense, runs the floor like a pg. This is the player I would love to draft.
    Well I dont know.. Kenyon Martin has offense. He has been putting up big numbers.
    Tonight he got 28 points, and I know he had 7 blocks.. IN THE FIRST HALF!
    Right now if I had to choose who is the best player in College, I would say Kenyon Martin. Morris has lost his game lately, but Martin has just got better.
    Last game he got a triple double

28 points
    13 rebounds
    10 blocks..

Martin is right now the REAL DEAL ...
    I would like either Kenyon Martin or Terence Morris.
    Speaking of Chris Mihm, he had 28 points, 17 rebounds. 2 blocks tonight.
    Keynon Martins team won again tonight. He had 19 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks.
    I dont like Najera and I hate Mihm. Both players can not handle playing with the big boys. They will both become the next LUC LONGLEYS in the NBA. So forget it..
    KENYON MARTIN IS THE REAL DEAL...
    Speaking of Kenyon "THE GREAT" Martin. Did you guy know that he is from Dallas. Thats pretty good he will be close to his hometown when he gets here in houston. ( I WISH)
    We basically have no chance in hell to get him. I say he will be #1 or #2.
    Etan Thomas reminds me alot like Kenyon Martin except Etan doesnt score well. He has great defense and rebounds extremley well. Where do you think he will be picked in the draft?
    I gotta agree with Clutch. Morris is not a person who just wants to leave, he will most likely stay. But Kenyon Martin is the player rockets should really look into. He fits exactly to the future of this team.
    No we should let Kenyon Martin wear #4 , because that is what he wears in college and he will do that for the rockets!
    Kenyon Martin,
    Brain Cardinal is a nice player, but doesnt fit the system at all and I DONT think he can hang with the big boys.
    Kenyon Martin probably is 230, BUT he will more likely gain a little more weight. He is no boney, skinny guy. He is muscular and powerfull. He reminds me of Alonzo Mourning.

Kenyon Martin is the real deal and he fits with this team. Nothing more you can ask for!
    But right now the best player is Kenyon Martin. He is just amazing.
    Upcoming draft we go in and draft kenyon martin, then the next pick we draft a small forward.
    I would love to draft these 3 Cincinnati players.
    1. Kenyon Martin - Real deal Martinfield
    2. Demarr Johnson- Athletic .. 6'9
    3. Pete Mikeal - Can score and has great defense.. 6'7
    I dont know but Im going. I cant wait to see Kenyon Martin in action.
    Kenyon Martin.. best player in the country. He does it all.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Hahaha ..
    You should start a Eduardo Najera yearbook from SoonRockStro. [​IMG]

3. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

LOL. [​IMG]

Francis3

You should look at Stromile Swift. He's from LSU. A very lanky and do it all 6-10 power forward. Had to sit out cuz of academic problems. Massive dunker. Can score, block, do it all too. He's an underclassmen so might not come out.

BTW, would you rather pick Martin or Morris?

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

You know if that question was asked 1 month ago I would of said " I dont know" but right now I would take Kenyon Martin.

Morris is slumping. He still is good but Kenyon is just dominating. After watching him play last night, I just want him to get drafted by houston. PERFECT FIT with this team.

5. rocketsfan34

Problem is we have Rogers and Kenny at PF already. Also Walt and Bullard playin SF. Don't you think SF is more of a priority?

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Yes I do but I really dont think Carlos and Kenny can be starting Power Forwards. They dont have the body. Kenyon is a great player that we should just get.

I dont want to see Williams on this team next year, bullard probably wont play alot.

Kenyon is just too good to pass up. We can draft him and get a high school small forward.

7. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Francis3,

Your alternative plan if it is impossible to get K Martin?

Mango

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I would then probably consider drafting a small forward. It all depends who is there when Houston is up. But its going to be hard because their are alot of talented power forwards and small forwards in the draft. If terrence morris does enter the draft then I would take him, if Demarr Johnson enters then I would take him. Like I said its going to be tough trying to see what we should get. I just hope we dont screw it up.

[This message has been edited by Francis3 (edited February 18, 2000).]

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Also another name to point out is Chris Porter. I seen a couple of his games but not much. I see he is a flashy player and can rebound but can anyone tell me more about his game. What are his weaknesses?

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I would love nothing more than to pick up Martin but let's get real,no way he is still
    on the board when Rocket's pick.It would take a small miracle.

11. TraJ

TraJ Member

If I'm not mistaken, one of the knocks on Porter is his outside shot. I've never seen him play though, so I'm not really sure. I understand that he's extremely athletic and a good defender.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Well I must say if we play like this the rest of the season maybe getting Kenyon's not so far-fetched.We truley are stinking up the joint.

13. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Porter:

Weaknesses: Has yet to play half way decent in any big Division I basketball games. Is pretty much the epitomy the classic tweener. At 6'7", 220 lbs., he has not shown the ability to play effective perimeter defense. Also needs to work on his perimeter game on offense. Basically just crashes the boards for garbage points and slashes for his buckets. Low post game is slightly above average at best. Needs to work on the outside J for the next level.

Started out as a projected lotter pick at the beginning of the year to now being a mid to late first rounder. I'd pass on Porter personally.

I'm very big on Morris Peterson though. He reminds me of a 6'6" Cuttino Mobley(with a dash of Cedric Ceballos) with a better jumper and rebounding abilities. Also, minus some of Mobes' crazy tendencies. A Lottery Lock at this point.

14. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Thanx. If you dont have no J then Rudy wont take you. [​IMG]

You know I like Pettersons game but why should we get him? He is a shooting guard and is to small to play small forward.

15. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

See, the problem with how most Rockets fans are approaching this draft is that they want to draft by need. The Rockets aren't good enough to draft for need. They need to draft for players to raise the talent level of this team. If you just happen to be overloaded down the road at a certain position, that's when you start wheeling and dealing. The only player you wouldn't want to draft is a point guard. Everything else is up for grabs.

Peterson can definately play some solid minutes at the SF spot too. The guy is about 6'6", 6'7" with a good 220 lbs on his frame. The guy can do a little banging down low. He really gets the tough boards on both ends. And what has raised his stock even more in my eyes is that he shown even greater athleticism than I thought he had. This past month, he's had the two best highlights I've seen in college ball. One was just an explosive jam over Ken Johnson of Ohio St.

16. rocketsfan34

I would rather take my chances on Stromile Swift than Morris Peterson. I dunnno what it is, but somehow Swift has really caught my eye with his massive dunks plus all around skills.