1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Would like him to be taller.

2. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Why would they let Ariza go then trade for a worse player with a bigger contract?

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would take a look at Anthony Randolph. Can play 3-4 and small ball 5.

And cheap.

craguin, ilias, bj3175 and 1 other person like this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Without two first round picks, hawks will hang up the phone.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

please stop. ariza is not better than bazemore, even though he may be a better fit defensively because of his size. wizards are 1-5 since trading for ariza and the one win was like double OT they could have easily lost. why people continue to pretend he is some high impact player i will never understand. there is no question bazemore is a better player, and YOUNGER, but, it would be nice if he was taller.

fattz likes this.
  6. Rocketsfan3422

Can we please stop talking about this

saleem, s3ts, Slimfa and 2 others like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Some are in a daze about Baze. It's a conundrum wrapped in an enigma, or something like that. Since we have Rivers for the rest of the season, I'm not sure why we should go after Bazemore. I'd rather have a long and tall 3D wing and, even more, a solid rotation vet to backup Friar Tuck, who's going to get worn out if we don't find someone else, preferably taller, to play behind him in the same role, in my opinion.

saleem, D-rock and baller4life315 like this.
  8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

What happened with all the talk about James Johnson? He’d fit the bill to split time with Tuck. Strong defender. Maybe he can up his 3pt% in our system. He’d definitely at more grit and edge to the defense. He could be got too.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I had more interest in him during the off-season, when I thought we might be able to get him in a package deal (I was dreaming of Winslow) because yes, Miami needs to reduce salary and Johnson is owed $14.65 million this season, $15.35 million next season, and $16 million the season after (player option). That's for a solid defensive player with size that we could certainly use, but unlike Tuck, he can't shoot, especially from 3. He's also not a good rebounder for his size and position. Both of those hurt his value, imo, particularly on our team. Riley needs to reduce salary (unless his owner is an angel), but he never wants to give you anything near a fair deal.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. amaru

amaru Member

Dedmon would be excellent.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Chriss + SRP for Dedmon. Do it Atlanta.

baller4life315 likes this.