1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny "The Jet" Smith Gets Married To British Model

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Omer, Sep 24, 2006.

1. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I like the idea of giving yourself an irrelevant nickname. I will make mine "Mideaval Warrior" women will adore me and fish and game animals will fear me.

The "Jet" was one streaky shooter. Lot of games he really was not in.....

2. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

Actually that was his nickname in the New York City playgrounds, Highschool, and College. Everyone from NY knows that.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is about the millioneth time I've posted it. "The Jet" goes way back, Kenny was in the dunk contest before he messed up his knee.

He had a Nike Air Force commercial in the late eighties or early nineties with superdave when he was playing with the Kings. He was dunking and then superdave got on a catupult (sp) to dunk and slammed into the backboard.

remember the dunk francis tried to do when he jumped, touched the backboard with the ball, then he missed, kenny did that dunk successfully.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is the number one thread a week before training camp?!!! In the immortal words of Kramer, "God help us!" :eek:

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Yeah, I think I was just pokin fun a Kenny. I actually assumed that it was from his past. :) Supposedly he was a baller back in high school, and with he Kansas City Kings right? That was before I watched bball.

Too bad his game was so limited by injury by the time he was a Rocket. I still found it funny that he always knew exactly what his 3pt% was, and one time was saying during the all star break that he was snubbed from all-star competition (3pt contest) because he was like 5th in 3pt% at so and so %.

I liked Kenny though...I still do...he says good stuff from time to time and the whole TNT group is the mos entertaining around.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

btw, Kenny is STILL doing a lot of good things for Katrina victims. The guy does an amazing amount of charity considering he never made all that much money compared to other athletes. If guys who made/make 10x what he did could do 1/2 of what he does, that'd be an insane amt of money.

7. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Come on give us a photo of her...

8. FrontRowJoe

FrontRowJoe Member

I've never understood the hatred for Kenny Smith on this board. Did he not give us several years of above-average performance? Was he not the starting PG during our two championship seasons? Wasn't he always gracious and friendly during interviews? Hasn't he show generosity both on and off the court? Sure, he wasn't the best PG during his era...far from it. But he wasn't BAD either. Is most of the animosity based on his TV persona? I'm not trying to be a jerk: I'm genuinely curious why folks dislike him so much.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I wouldn't say people are negative towards him. he was pretty bad on defense however. I think he is probably one of the players fans felt was most replacable. remember, when they got to the championship the first year, he was almost splitting time with cassell.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if he was a bus driver would she even be interested?

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I need to watch Any Given Sunday again...