1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny "The Jet" Smith Gets Married To British Model

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Omer, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Omer

Omer Member

Two-Time NBA Champion Kenny "the Jet" Smith Weds British Model/Actress in a Lavish Ceremony.
    September 24,2006 12:00 AM EST

Two-Time NBA Champion & TNT Sports Analyst Kenny "the Jet" Smith married girlfriend, actress Gwendolyn Osborne, in a private ceremony held at their estate in Stevenson Ranch, Ca. Smith's longtime friend and colleague and soon-to-be NBA hall of famer, Charles Barkley attended the nuptials. (FVNEWSWIRE Sep 8, 2006)

LOS ANGELES, CA (FV Newswire) - Two-time NBA Champion and TNT sports analyst Kenny "the Jet" Smith wed British-born multi-talented model/actress Gwendolyn Osborne September 2, 2006, at their mountain-top estate in Stevenson Ranch, CA.

The bride, 28, walked down the aisle in an original couture pale blue bridal gown created by Canadian designer Ines Di Santo. The groom, 41, wore a tuxedo by Atlanta-based master tailor/designer Joseph Addo.

The newlyweds exchanged custom-made wedding bands by celebrity jeweler Chris Aire, who also designed Osborne’s five-carat, diamond-and-red gold engagement ring. The bridesmaid’s custom chandelier earrings were designed by Renee Pawele of Renee Pawele Bride. A gifted singer, Osborne serenaded her groom with a rendition of India.Arie’s "Truth" as she walked down the aisle.

Surrounded by 250 of their closest friends and family, including NBA greats Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Kenny Anderson and Marc Jackson, the couple shared their love in a garden ceremony elegantly designed by Catering by Ashley, the California-based event planning company helmed by Executive Chef Bill Blackburn. To symbolize the spirit and freedom of their covenant, a flurry of monarch butterflies were released into the sky.

Mixing the sounds of Smith’s native New York with Osborne’s West Indian roots, the couple, who met at a charity event in 2004, danced into the night to music provided by the world-famous DJ Nice and an authentic steel pan band. During the couple’s first dance, guests were treated to an impromptu fireworks display compliments of Six Flag’s Magic Mountain.

Blending two children from Smith’s first marriage and one from Osborne, the Smiths will reside in Stevenson Ranch, California. Smith will continue to commute to Atlanta during the NBA season where he tapes the Emmy award-winning Inside the NBA with colleagues Charles Barkley and Ernie Johnson.

Two-time NBA champion Smith is in his eighth full season as an NBA studio analyst for TNT’s Inside the NBA. In 2005, Smith, with support from the NBA and TNT, organized and hosted the NBA Players Hurricane Relief Game raising over $1 million for Hurricane Katrina victims.

Osborne’s TV/film credits include The Price is Right, Huff, Eve, Snow Dogs, Any Given Sunday and the Swedish soap, Ocean Ave.

http://www.financevisor.com/market/news_detail.aspx?rid=46428

[​IMG]

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

"british model" is an oxymoron

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

its not going to last long

he 41, she 28,

IMAGES REMOVED BY MODERATOR

(Please don't post Getty Images)

#3 Amel, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2006
  4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

btw

she is f***in fire!

5. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Thats about right. Half his age plus seven.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I stand corrected.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well they both come from athletic backgrounds, him with the NBA and her with the Lingerie Football league

8. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Luckily for their future child, one of the parents has a chin. They won't need cosmetic surgery... not in that department, at least.

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Man - Kenny is one lucky man. He better kiss those two Rocket rings Hakeem got for him. His mixed up metaphors - title hungry veterans being like eating soup with a fork, or a car needing gas-he is so lucky he is making his living stress free on TNT instead of as an assistant coach.

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

In the old days m,arriages with similar age disparity lasted the longest.

I believe this one is forever.

Best wishes to them.

11. blackistan

blackistan Member

How do u know as long as Kenny keeps getting paid shes going to stick with him the minute hes broke shes gone too

#11 blackistan, Sep 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2006
  12. AXG

AXG Member

Kenny's a very lucky man. Congrats on the marriage, Jet!

13. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

His wife is HOT. Congrat! Kenny
    Best wishes to you! :D

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

You act like it's out of fashion or something. There is still a strong 'pool' of married couples with an older, financially-established man and a younger, fresh-outta-college girl; heck, I personally know a few...

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

+1 for a nice physique

16. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

I don't ever remember people referring to him as Kenny "The Jet" Smith back when he was playing for the Rockets....

WHO THE F STARTED CALLING HIM THAT

17. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

This has driven me insane for years.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

He started calling himself that went he started his TNT gig. No joke.

As a Rocket, I guess he was Kenny "I dribble the ball off my foot in the Finals against no pressure and know exactly what my 3pt% is" Smith. I do give him props for nailing that clutch 3 in game 1 of the 95 finals when Penny fell for the pump fake. I guess Penny figured he could've recovered because Kenny tried to pump fake him earlier on a breakaway layup and Penny totally stuffed it back in his face. Quite embarassing...and that's when the Rocks were down 20 or so. Ah, playoff memories...I long for those days.

19. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

Wasn't that his nickname before he blew out his knee? Like in college or something?

Mike

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

she seems like a good girl. hopefully she can help hook up
    Ralph Sampson and Vernon Maxwell.. they've had the worst girl luck lately.