1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried's alleyoop dunk over Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I think this is thread-worthy...

[youtube]gvG2FfAutfo[/youtube]

2. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Oh that was so pretty.

Howard looking lazier and lazier. I am happy we didn't get him and I still pray we don't.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That was niceeeeeeee

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Dude had a few nice fastbreak dunks last night. Super fun game to watch. Manimal is just high motor, always around the ball. Wish he were a Rocket.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's just getting sad watching a Dwight at 50%. He looks like Hakeem did at 36.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Will be an All Star by his 4th year. Dude's going to be great.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Part of it was Kobe not sliding over when the ball is on the opposite side of the court as well. Kobe slides over to take space on the back door, Faried doesn't get open. At first glance it looks like it was all Dwight's responsibility. But after looking at it again, when the ball starts moving over Kobe goes closer to his man instead of between ball and man.

Both played pretty lazy on the play and Dwight usually has the athletic ability to make that play.

But, kudos to Denver for picking apart their defense so quick.

9. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Man, that pass was quick. Instantaneous.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This.

I don't understand how you call that lazy, it's not like he didn't try to contest the dunk.

It's obvious that Howard is playing far from 100%.

11. VBG

VBG Member

I liked the Iggy drive and dunk from this game a lot. Dunno if there's a good video of that.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The one where he literally almost made Kobe come out of his shoes? If so, it was a layup, but damn what a wonderful kicking of the ass of the Mamba!

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Don't agree. Dwight was guarding Faried on that play. Faried was his man all the way. It wasn't really a backdoor. Faried just jumped up and grabbed that ball away from him.

14. Asian Sensation

Spot on. It's almost sad to see how much he's being hampered by that injury. He hasn't looked right all season. He may have been the last dominant big man we see for quite a while if he never regains form which seems to be a real possibility. He's still young but but that dominant 23/14/3blk beast seems so long ago even though it was only a few seasons ago.

15. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

at the end of the dunk he turns to Kobe and tells him that he missed the assigment that lead to the dunk...
    I am not sure if Kobe didnt rotate correctly but you can see Kobe still had a man to guard on the perimeter.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

may i get the block by McGee? and the dunk by Iggy?

when McGee blocked Dwight :eek::eek::eek::eek:

"no hops Dwight"

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

It happens so fast. But, Dwight lets Nash go through and flashes for a second and calls out help to Kobe as he flashes. Then as he shuffles back Faried is already up in the air catching the alley.

Whose assignment that was is up to their coach on how much Kobe should sag off his defender to help the helper. Even if Kobe flashes for a second I think that might have been enough to throw Faried off course.

I think both had responsibility and it wasn't exclusively on Dwight but I respect your opinion.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The value of having the last lottery pick three times in a row.

Larry Sanders :(
    Kenneth Faried
    Moe Harkless

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That's not true. Dwight was hedging to allow Steve time to go under the pick and get back on his man. Kobe should have stepped down early to prevent Faried from getting going to the basket. Kobe's man was more than one theoretical pass away. It's the whole point of help defense... to help.

I'm not blaming Kobe entirely, mind you. There was all kinds of wrong on that play. I mean take Nash. Even if your strategy is to go under, it can't possible be back up 5-10 feet and go under. There wasn't even hint of pressure on the passer.

But still, even with great defense, sometimes you get dunked on.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Patterson
    Morris
    Lamb, White, Jones

Good job, good effort Daryl!